[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] XFCN to read Parameter RAM?

guzdial@zug.csmil.umich.edu (Mark Guzdial) (01/31/91)

I'd like an XFCN to read the setting in parameter RAM that determines the
amount of time between two clicks for a double click.  Has anyone
seen such an XFCN around?

  Thanks!
  Mark Guzdial
  guzdial@csmil.umich.edu

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (01/31/91)

In article <1991Jan30.194054.7940@engin.umich.edu> guzdial@zug.csmil.umich.edu (Mark Guzdial) writes:

>I'd like an XFCN to read the setting in parameter RAM that determines the
>amount of time between two clicks for a double click.  Has anyone
>seen such an XFCN around?

I wrote a XCMD/XFCN (I can't remeber which it is) that does what you want and
posted it here a while ago. If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll dig it up
and send it to you. I think its called getdoubletime.

Matt

Matthew Mora                |  my Mac  Matt_Mora@QM.SRI.COM
SRI International           |  my SUN   mxmora@unix.sri.com

kaz@nanovx.UUCP (Mike Kazmierczak) (02/01/91)

In article <20605@unix.SRI.COM> mxmora@unix.UUCP (Matt Mora) writes:
>In article <1991Jan30.194054.7940@engin.umich.edu> guzdial@zug.csmil.umich.edu (Mark Guzdial) writes:
>
>>I'd like an XFCN to read the setting in parameter RAM that determines the
>>amount of time between two clicks for a double click.  Has anyone
>>seen such an XFCN around?
>I wrote a XCMD/XFCN (I can't remeber which it is) that does what you want and
>posted it here a while ago. If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll dig it up

  I'd like to see an XFCN/XCMD that could read any part of the parameter RAM,
specifically to read the location which is stored in the Map cdev.  Is there
such an animal out there???

Mike Kazmierczak
gatech!beow!mike

long live rock and roll!

saaf@joker.optics.rochester.edu (Lennart Saaf) (02/02/91)

In article <107@nanovx.UUCP> kaz@nanovx.UUCP (Mike Kazmierczak) writes:

>  I'd like to see an XFCN/XCMD that could read any part of the parameter RAM,
> specifically to read the location which is stored in the Map cdev.  Is there
> such an animal out there???

Funny you should mention. I just cooked up XCMDs to read and write the
location information used by the Map cdev. I've been meaning to post
it for a couple of weeks now. I will finish it up and make it
available next week. Watch this space.

I'd like to see... a scotsman on a horse.

Len
| Len Saaf, The Institute of Optics, Univ. of Rochester, Rochester, NY |
| Internet: saaf@joker.optics.rochester.edu        Bitnet: SAAF@UOROPT |