[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HC multiple choice exam maker needed

david@McRCIM.McGill.EDU (David Gauthier) (01/25/91)

I am looking for some software to manage and create multiple choice
examination questions. The requirements are:

 - create, view, and edit examination questions stored in a database
 - search for keywords in multiple database files
 - merge selected questions from several databases into a single "exam"
   database
 - number the questions in the exam database
 - print selected fields of all entries within a database. For example,
   exclude the answer field from the printout.
 - an optional requirement is to randomly select a predefined number of
   questions from a pool of datbase files.

Does anyone know of a good source of educational related software that
might have a program that does what I want?

Would such a system be well suited for a hypercard implementation?

Thanks.

david
McGill University, Faculty of Dentistry, Room M40, 3640 University St.,
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3A 2B2, (514) 398 7229, FAX: (514) 398-8900.
Email: david@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu [132.206.1.1], david@mcgill-vision.uucp

psych@watserv1.waterloo.edu (R. Crispin - Psychology) (02/04/91)

In article <1991Jan24.174325.10988@thunder.mcrcim.mcgill.edu> david@McRCIM.McGill.EDU (David Gauthier) writes:

>I am looking for some software to manage and create multiple choice
>examination questions. The requirements are:

 stuff deleted

I would also be interested in an HC stack that would do this. I am also interested
in a stack that would maintain class lists and marks.

Thanks
Richard Crispin                         internet: psych@watserv1.uwaterloo.ca
Dept. of Psychology                               psych@watdcs.uwaterloo.ca
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ont.                          phone: (519) 885-1211 ext. 4781
N2L 3G1                                 Fax: (519) 746-8631