[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Multiple Windows In Hc

Ken.Knight@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Ken Knight) (02/08/91)

6500erpa@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Eric Palacio) writes:

>I am new to 'nn' and also to Hypercard 2, so I apologize
>if this has already been discussed.
>One of the things I like about HC2 is the possibility to
>have several stacks opened simultaneously in different windows.
>However, the only method which has worked for me so far, is
>to manually go to the File menu, do Open Stack and check the
>New Window  option.
>I am wondering if it's possible to have the same result by using
>a go command in a button script.  Any suggestions?

By adding "in a new window" to the go command you can do just what you
want. The "in a new window" portion of the command can also be attacked
to other commands so that you create a new stack in a new window
(create stack "x" in a new window).

Internet: ken.knight@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org    America Online:
KenKnight
            "Goodness me; could this be; Industrial Disease?"

--

        Ken Knight, Ken.Knight@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org
      via The Black Cat's Shack's FidoNet<->Usenet Gateway

by2@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Donalee Hughes Attardo) (02/09/91)

In article <3323.27B2864E@blkcat.fidonet.org> Ken.Knight@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Ken Knight) writes:
>6500erpa@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Eric Palacio) writes:
>
>>I am new to 'nn' and also to Hypercard 2, so I apologize
>>if this has already been discussed.
>>One of the things I like about HC2 is the possibility to
>>have several stacks opened simultaneously in different windows.

DITTO.

>By adding "in a new window" to the go command you can do just what you
>want. The "in a new window" portion of the command can also be attacked
>to other commands so that you create a new stack in a new window
>(create stack "x" in a new window).

I posted a message with a similar question earlier but it must have
gone into a black hole because I never saw it post.  My question is
different in that I would like to be able to 1) open a new window,
with the present one staying open, and 2) open the new window in a
specified place.  I know about the "new window" command, but I can't
make it open where I want it to.

Any suggestions appreciated -

___________________________

Donalee H. Attardo
Purdue University
by2@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

jdevoto@Apple.COM (Jeanne A. E. DeVoto) (02/09/91)

In article <5484@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> by2@mentor.cc.purdue.edu
(Donalee Hughes Attardo) writes:
>  [ . . ]      I would like to be able to 1) open a new window,
>with the present one staying open, and 2) open the new window in a
>specified place.  I know about the "new window" command, but I can't
>make it open where I want it to.

The following will do what you want:

  lock screen
  go to stack "foo" in new window
  set the topLeft of window "foo" to "400,400" -- or use "loc" or whatever
  unlock screen
--
 jdevoto@apple.com     |  You may not distribute this article under a