[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Uncorrupting HC stacks

gort@cup.portal.com (george d harrington) (02/13/91)

Regarding the request from Robert of Tech Alliance BBS for helping
a user recover a corrupted hyperCard stack: Try using Hypermerge 2.02,
a shareware HyperCard stack available from sumex-aim and similar srcs.
The stack allows you to merge hypercard stacks together into single
stacks.  What you do is create an empty stack to serve as your
target stack. Then tell Hypermerge to copy so many cards from the
corrupted stack and paste them into the target stack. If you have
a corrupted card in the middle of the stack, you will have to do this
twice, copying from the beginning to just before the bad card, then
running the command a second time, copying fron just after the
corrupted card to the end of the stack. Then copy the stack script
from the corrupted stack to the target stack, delete the first
(blank) card, and you have a reasonable facsimile of the first
stack. Email me if you need any more help
                            gort@cup.portal.com

Disclaimer: This is not a disclaimer.

robert@polari.UUCP (robert) (02/15/91)

In article <39234@cup.portal.com>, gort@cup.portal.com (george d harrington) writes:
> Regarding the request from Robert of Tech Alliance BBS for helping
> a user recover a corrupted hyperCard stack: Try using Hypermerge 2.02,
> a shareware HyperCard stack available from sumex-aim and similar srcs.

  Thanks for responding to my post. I tried to find Hypermerge on
  sumex, rascal, and simtel-20, but it's not there (at least not
  in the Hypercard areas). Any suggestions where I can find it? Are
  you sure it's not a commercial product? Could you send me the name
  and address of the author so I can contact him directly?

  Thanx in advance, again!

|Robert Riebman                    |  robert@polari                     |
|Northwest Information Technology  | (...uw-beaver!sumax!polari!robert) |
|P.O. Box 3156                     |                                    |
|Redmond, WA     98073             |         "Hack and Enjoy"           |