[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Unexpected error 1833.

fr0c+@andrew.cmu.edu (Frank A. Reynolds) (02/09/91)

A staff member has an address stack that after it opens he gets the
following error message.

           Unexpected error  1833.

                            Sorry

When sorry is clicked HyperCard then does a "Quit HyperCard".  Anyone
know what causes this ?

maller@applelink.apple.com (Steve Maller) (02/14/91)

In article <4bgk5zK00Uh7M2iFRZ@andrew.cmu.edu> fr0c+@andrew.cmu.edu (Frank
A. Reynolds) writes:
> A staff member has an address stack that after it opens he gets the
> following error message. Anyone know what causes this ?
>            Unexpected error  1833.

This error is caused when HyperCard detects in internal consistency in a
stack. The reason that we only give you the option of quitting from
HyperCard is that we made the determination that "all bets are off"; the
file may be corrupted or there may be a media error and there is no way we
can see of recovering. Hopefully you have a recent backup.

Steve Maller                    Disclaimer: I speak for neither my
Software Commando                           employer or for Claris
HyperCard Engineering                       Corporation.
Apple Computer

pj@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Paul Jacoby) (02/18/91)

[re: Error 1833]
>This error is caused when HyperCard detects in [sic]
>internal consistency in a stack.

Don't you hate that?  When things get to consistent in the stack, all hell is
SURE to break loose!

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Especially on a reply from Steve Maller :-)

| UUCP: {crash tcnet}!orbit!pnet51!pj            | RTFD = Read The Silly Doc! |
| INET: pj@pnet51.orb.mn.org                     |                            |