[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Hypercard 2.0 Button LinkTo... system crash

davidd@bruce.cs.monash.OZ.AU (David Duke) (02/15/91)

Using Hypercrd 2.0 and system 6.05 I am getting a system crash
id #2 on a Mac+ and id#10 on a MacSE when linking buttons to a
stack card.

This is what happens...
Create a new button by selecting New Button. Then select Button Info... .
Modify the button name. Click on LinkTo... . Open the target stack and
go to the destination card. Click on the button This Card to make the link.
Usually this works for the first button but for the next the system crashes.

Is this a known bug? Is there a fix to the problem?

Thanks
davidd.
--
David Duke			  | Phone:	+ 61 3 565 5209
Department of Computer Science 	  | Fax:	+ 61 3 565 5146

bskendig@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Brian Kendig) (02/18/91)

In article <3685@bruce.cs.monash.OZ.AU> davidd@bruce.cs.monash.OZ.AU (David Duke) writes:
>Using Hypercrd 2.0 and system 6.05 I am getting a system crash
>id #2 on a Mac+ and id#10 on a MacSE when linking buttons to a
>stack card.
>
>Create a new button by selecting New Button. Then select Button Info... .
>Modify the button name. Click on LinkTo... . Open the target stack and
>go to the destination card. Click on the button This Card to make the link.
>Usually this works for the first button but for the next the system crashes.
>
>Is this a known bug? Is there a fix to the problem?

Yes, this is a known bug with HyperCard 2.0.  The fix is to upgrade to
HyperCard 2.0v2.

The topic of how to upgrade has been highly debated here; since I
don't know the easiest way to upgrade, I won't offer any ideas on
that.

     << Brian >>

| Brian S. Kendig      \ Macintosh |   Engineering,   | bskendig             |
| Computer Engineering |\ Thought  |  USS Enterprise  | @phoenix.Princeton.EDU
| Princeton University |_\ Police  | -= NCC-1701-D =- | @PUCC.BITNET         |
"It's not that I don't have the work to *do* -- I don't do the work I *have*."

Jim.Russell@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Jim Russell) (02/19/91)

I think I've seen mention that your button linking bug is a known bug
in HC 2.0, and the fix is HC 2.0v2.

--

        Jim Russell, Jim.Russell@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org
      via The Black Cat's Shack's FidoNet<->Usenet Gateway