[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] How do you write HC 2.0 Palettes?

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (opcode ranger) (02/20/91)

I finally broke down and purchased the HC 2.0 Developers Kit, since it seemed
to be the easiest way to make sure I had all the stuff I needed (I do this for
a living, so it was important to be up-to-date).

One thing missing, however, was much XCMD sample code.  I have some from other
sources, but haven't found much about how to write a palette.  For instance,
how do you set up the PLTE resources?  How are they used?

It's quite possible that I've overlooked something in the Developers Kit.  Or
that I haven't looked hard enough on apple.com ftp (what ever happened to
ftp.apple.com, BTW?).  If you know of any sources of info on writing palettes,
please pass on any pointers.  If there aren't any, could someone fill me in on
how to do it?

Thanks for any info!

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =

robertw@informix.com (Robert Weinberg) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb19.145105.1@gsbacd.uchicago.edu> gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (opcode ranger) writes:
>If you know of any sources of info on writing palettes,
>please pass on any pointers.  If there aren't any, could someone fill me in on
>how to do it?

The Power Tools stack that comes with the 5-disk issue of HC2.0
(and presumably with the Developer's Kit) has a card with a complete
environment for user-friendly creation of palettes.

--
* Rob Weinberg, graphics & publishing ***** Does a falling tree make a sound *
*  {uunet,pyramid}!infmx!robertw      *****   if  1: no one hears it         *