[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HC 2.0 and missing fonts that are not???

pevans@umd5.umd.edu (Peter Evans) (02/18/91)

HyperCard 2.0 insists on telling me that my system does not include
Helvetica 24.  I installed it as per instructions using the installer
and have even checked the fonts using Font/DA mover.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

System 6.0.7   Finder 6.1.7    Mac SE/30

chh9@quads.uchicago.edu (Conrad Halton Halling) (03/08/91)

In article <239.27D2EECC@busker.fidonet.org>
   Peter.Evans@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Peter Evans) writes:

>HyperCard 2.0 insists on telling me that my system does not include
>Helvetica 24.  I installed it as per instructions using the installer
>and have even checked the fonts using Font/DA mover.
>
>Has anyone else had similar problems?
>
>System 6.0.7   Finder 6.1.7    Mac SE/30

I can't solve your problem.  The Home stack uses a function called
"checkHCFont" called by handler "CheckForMissingFonts".  "checkHCFont"
uses an XFCN "FontExists".

Can you choose Helvetica 24 from the Menu and Style menus?  You can check
this by choosing "New field" from the "Objects" menu, choosing "Helvetica"
from the "Font" menu, then checking to see if "24" is in outline style in
the "Style" menu (installed point sizes are listed in outline characters
rather than plain characters).

A similar problem that doesn't seem to be related specifically to this
problem:

If you delete the "Font" menu in one stack, then open the HyperCard Help stack,
the Help stack thinks "Palatino" is missing.  However, fonts are checked in
an entirely different way in the Help stack -- it simply checks to see "if
there is a menuItem "Palatino" in menu "Font"".  Since the menu isn't there,
it thinks there's a problem.

Con Halling
chh9@midway.uchicago.edu

--