[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] How Am I Missing 1,000 Newsgroups?

EJN@ornl.gov (Earl Nall) (03/09/91)

I just read in the March 4, issue of UNIX Today! an article on USENET.  In
it it says that "there are more than 1,300 newsgroups dealing with every aspect of  computing from laptops to mainframes"  I find only a fraction of that amount in my NetNewsReader Hypercard stack.  Where are these other groups?

Earl Nall
Oak Ridge National Lab, Oak Ridge, TN
Internet: ejn@ornl.gov     Bitnet: ejn@ornlstc
Phone: 615/574-8689        Fax: 615/576-0099

aslakson@cs.umn.edu (Brian Aslakson) (03/09/91)

EJN@ornl.gov (Earl Nall) writes:
>I just read in the March 4, issue of UNIX Today! an article on USENET.  In
>it it says that "there are more than 1,300 newsgroups dealing with every aspect of  computing from laptops to mainframes"  I find only a fraction of that amount in my NetNewsReader Hypercard stack.  Where are these other groups?

Earl, first of all, put some hard returns in you posts!

Second of all, there are zillions of groups out there.  We have about 40
local groups, some umn groups....  When you are talking about commonly
available groups, we have about 1100.   There are over 300 comp groups.

I think our numbers are fairly accurate in general.

Your local postmaster should be able to help you.

--
Brian Aslakson

aslakson@cs.umn.edu
mac-admin@cs.umn.edu  <-= Macintosh related