[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Rinaldoids package in .binaries

ralph@world.std.com (Ralph Lombreglia) (03/10/91)

Just a word about the "Rinaldoids" XWindows package just appearing now
in .binaries.  I uploaded it, but it takes a while for things to show
up in that conference.  Since I sent it, the "Textoid" external (1.8
in that package) has seen *two* releases, and is now up to version
2.1.  I think the way one invokes it has remained stable, and so
anything you do with 1.8 will likely work with later versions--if you
just want to get going with it.  But 2.1 does offer a bunch of new
features and corrects a bug or two.  I think the other two externals
(Tabloid 1.0 and Listoid 1.4) are still latest versions.

Ralph Lombreglia
Internet: ralph@world.std.com   MCI Mail: rlombreglia   Bix: rlombreglia

ireland@ac.dal.ca (03/11/91)

In article <1991Mar10.150143.21491@world.std.com>, ralph@world.std.com (Ralph Lombreglia) writes:
> Just a word about the "Rinaldoids" XWindows package just appearing now
> in .binaries.  I uploaded it, but it takes a while for things to show
> up in that conference.  Since I sent it, the "Textoid" external (1.8
> in that package) has seen *two* releases, and is now up to version
> 2.1.  I think the way one invokes it has remained stable, and so
> anything you do with 1.8 will likely work with later versions--if you
> just want to get going with it.  But 2.1 does offer a bunch of new
> features and corrects a bug or two.  I think the other two externals
> (Tabloid 1.0 and Listoid 1.4) are still latest versions.
>
> Ralph Lombreglia
> Internet: ralph@world.std.com   MCI Mail: rlombreglia   Bix: rlombreglia

Frederic Renaldi has been busy. I downloaded Tabloid 1.1 and Listoid 1.6 off
Compuserve last week. I haven't had much chance to play with these externals
yet, so I don't know how they're different than previous versions, but I do
use Textoid in one of my stacks and agree that version 2.1 is significantly
better than version 1.8 .

Keith Conover  ireland@ac.dal.ca

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (03/12/91)

In article <1991Mar10.150143.21491@world.std.com> ralph@world.std.com (Ralph Lombreglia) writes:

>in that package) has seen *two* releases, and is now up to version
>2.1.  I think the way one invokes it has remained stable, and so
>anything you do with 1.8 will likely work with later versions--if you
>just want to get going with it.  But 2.1 does offer a bunch of new
>features and corrects a bug or two.  I think the other two externals

Does anybody have this new version and can you send it to me?

Thanks

Matt

Matthew Mora                |   my Mac  Matt_Mora@sri.com
SRI International           |  my unix  mxmora@unix.sri.com