[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] multiple windows/picture

6500erpa@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Eric Palacio) (03/12/91)

Two questions:
    1.  When you have several stacks opened at the same time
in different windows, is it possible to de-activate any of the
close-boxes in the upper left corner of these windows? If yes, what
would the script look like?
    2.  I am using the picture XCMD provided with HC2.0 and I'm
tryng to intercept the mouse clicks in the picture windows.  My
book says it's possible, HC on line help says it's possible, but
I can't get it to work.  I tried two different kinds of handlers
I found in the various manuals I consulted:
on pictureClick (pictureWindowName, <horizontal>,<vertical>)
   statements
end pictureClick

on mouseUpinPicture WindowName, the mouseLoc
    statements
end mouseUpinPicture
None of these worked.  Anything I'm doing wrong? Any ideas?
If possible I'd like to see an example of a real script: with real
coordinates and real statements.
If this has already been discussed, you can email your answers to:
Eric Pallacio: 6500erpa@ucsbuxa.bitnet
or             6500erpa@ucbuxa.ucsb.edu
Thank you for your help.

robertw@informix.com (Robert Weinberg) (03/12/91)

In article <9836@hub.ucsb.edu> 6500erpa@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Eric Palacio) writes:

>    2.  I am using the picture XCMD provided with HC2.0 and I'm
>tryng to intercept the mouse clicks in the picture windows.  My
>book says it's possible, HC on line help says it's possible, but
>I can't get it to work.

You can intercept the message:

on mouseDownInPicture windowName, theMouseLoc
  statements
end mouseDownInPicture

Similarly with mouseUpInPicture.

Full information can be found in the Power Tools stack included
with the 5-disk distribution of HC2.0.

--
* Rob Weinberg, graphics & publishing ***** Does a falling tree make a sound *
*  {uunet,pyramid}!infmx!robertw      *****   if  1: no one hears it         *