[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Line number of field line that has

fvernon@cudnvr.denver.colorado.edu (Frank Vernon) (03/21/91)

In message 2890@sparko.gwu.edu, Scott Cherkofsky writes:

>I am at my wits end to try and find a way to get the field line # which has
>the insertion point in it returned.  I need this so that I can make a tabkey
>make the insertion point go to the same line in a sister field on the same
>card.

The HyperTalk command "the selectedLine" will do what you are looking for I
think. It will return the line number and field number of the field where the
insertion point (or current selection) is located.

This is documented in the Goodman "HyperCard 2.0 Handbook" on page 617, and
in the Winkler/Kamins "HyperCard 2.0: The Book" on page 465. It should work in
all versions of HyperCard.

Good Luck,
Frank Vernon
Nine to Five Software, Inc.