[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HyperBBS??

bayes@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM (Scott Bayes) (03/14/91)

I have an older version of Harry Chesley's HyperBBS, but it's not set up
for 2.0 (easy to get it to run under 2.0--it seems the "send" syntax
change was all I needed to fix), and it seems to be damaged:  missing a
template card for posting a new message.

Rather than try to hack it back into shape, I thought I'd grab the
latest rev.  But I can't find it on sumex or apple.com, and Harry's
BBS's modem answers the phone, but I don't think his Mac is paying any
attention.

Can anyone direct me where to get a latest version?  It'll be the
perfect way for my son to exchange files and messages with his
modem&Mac-owning buddies (not quite perfect; I can't afford a second
phone line).

Scott Bayes
HP

chesley@goofy.apple.com (Harry Chesley) (03/15/91)

In article <1170006@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM> bayes@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM (Scott
Bayes) writes:
> I have an older version of Harry Chesley's HyperBBS, but it's not set up
> for 2.0 (easy to get it to run under 2.0--it seems the "send" syntax
> change was all I needed to fix), and it seems to be damaged:  missing a
> template card for posting a new message.
>
> Rather than try to hack it back into shape, I thought I'd grab the
> latest rev.  But I can't find it on sumex or apple.com, and Harry's
> BBS's modem answers the phone, but I don't think his Mac is paying any
> attention.

I haven't done anything with HyperBBS since the first release (except run
it on my BBS machine). Some other people have done some extensions, but
nothing extreme.

My BBS is being used for testing at the moment, but I'm going to go to a
schedule where I test during the week and the BBS is up over the weekend.
So try again this weekend.

Otherwise, HyperBBS is part of the HyperCard Serial Port Toolkit. I
believe you can get it from apple.com or ftp.apple.com.

bayes@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM (Scott Bayes) (03/22/91)

Thanks for the info, Harry. The file doesn't seem to be on {ftp.}apple.com,
so I'll try your BBS this weekend.

Scott Bayes