[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HC2.0 Upgrade and Development Packages

delaney@xn.ll.mit.edu (John R. Delaney) (03/13/91)

I just bought a copy of the Upgrade package (list $49). Below is a detail
inventory of its contents. Can some kind soul out there post an
equivalently detailed inventory for the Development package, we might
between us reduce the confusion about what is in which package. Because, in
spite of the efforts by various Apple folks out there, confusion still
abounds. Example: the people at MIT's MicroComputer Center could not tell
me the differences between the two packages except that the Development
package has 5 manuals (about what, they could not say).

Registration Card

Postcard for free copy of Inside Hypercard

4 page booklet "Claris Customer Support"

40 page booklet "HyperCard: New Features Guide"

612 page trade paperback "HyperCard: Script Language Guide"

Software Licence envelop holding 5 3.5" diskettes withe the following names
and contents:

	HyperCard Program
		HyperCard [version 2.0v2]
		Home [stack]
		Practice [stack]
		HyperCard Installer Script

	HyperCard Stacks
		Appointmens [stack]
		Addresses [stack]
		Train Set [stack]
		Puzzle [stack]
		Phone Dialer [stack]
		Scanned Images [stack]
		Graph Maker [stack]
		Art Bits [stack]
		HyperCard Fonts

	More Stacks
		Readymade Buttons [stack]
		Readymade Fields [stack]
		Stack Templates [stack]
		Power Tools [stack]
		Background Art [stack]
		Alternative Home Stacks [folder]
			Home (Browser) [stack]
			Home (Small) [stack]

	HyperCard Help
		HyperCard Help [stack]
		HyperTalk Reference [stack]

	Your Tour of HyperCard
		HyperCard Tour
		Help Extras

Susan.A.Tenney@dartmouth.edu (Susan A. Tenney) (03/18/91)

In article <1991Mar12.194732.2196@xn.ll.mit.edu> delaney@xn.ll.mit.edu (John R.
Delaney) writes:

  >Can some kind soul out there post an
  >equivalently detailed inventory for the Development package, we might
  >between us reduce the confusion about what is in which package.

Here's what's in the _HyperCard_Development_Kit_:

Registration Card

Postcard for free copy of Inside Hypercard

"Claris Customer Support" leaflet

Paperback manuals:
  _HyperCard_Getting_Started_ (189 pages) Beginner's tutorial through authoring
     level.
  _HyperTalk_Beginner's_Guide_to_Scripting_ (169 p.)
  _HyperCard_Reference_ (419 p.) Reference through authoring level
  _HyperCard_Script_Language_Guide_ (583 p.) Scripting reference, includes a
     section on XCMD interface
  _HyperCard_Quick_Reference_Guide_ (14 p.) Keyboard shortcuts, system
     messages, HyperTalk keywords and commands

Software License envelop holding 5 3.5" diskettes with the following names
and contents:

	HyperCard Program
		HyperCard [version 2.0v2]
		Home [stack]
		Practice [stack]
		HyperCard Installer Script

	HyperCard Stacks
		Appointmens [stack]
		Addresses [stack]
		Train Set [stack]
		Puzzle [stack]
		Phone Dialer [stack]
		Scanned Images [stack]
		Graph Maker [stack]
		Art Bits [stack]
		HyperCard Fonts [font suitcase]

	More Stacks
		Readymade Buttons [stack]
		Readymade Fields [stack]
		Stack Templates [stack]
		Power Tools [stack]
		Background Art [stack]
		Alternative Home Stacks [folder]
			Home (Browser) [stack]
			Home (Small) [stack]

	HyperCard Help
		HyperCard Help [stack]
		HyperTalk Reference [stack]

	Your Tour of HyperCard
		HyperCard Tour
		Help Extras

Susan Tenney
Dartmouth College Computing Services

leue@galen.crd.ge.com (Bill Leue) (03/20/91)

In article <1991Mar18.152644.3228@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> Susan.A.Tenney@dartmouth.edu (Susan A. Tenney) writes:
>Here's what's in the _HyperCard_Development_Kit_:
>
>Registration Card
>
>Postcard for free copy of Inside Hypercard
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>Susan Tenney
>Dartmouth College Computing Services

(her response drastically edited by me, also emphasis added)

!!! PLEASE - Can you provide some more description of what they are
talking about with this "Inside Hypercard"???  This sounds like something
a whole lot of us would like to know about!!!

Thanks!
-Bill Leue
leue@crd.ge.com

Susan.A.Tenney@dartmouth.edu (Susan A. Tenney) (03/26/91)

In article <17704@crdgw1.crd.ge.com>
leue@galen.crd.ge.com (Bill Leue) writes:

> !!! PLEASE - Can you provide some more description of what they are
> talking about with this "Inside Hypercard"???  This sounds like something
> a whole lot of us would like to know about!!!

According to the card included in the development kit, "Inside
HyperCard" is a "new monthly journal from the Cobb Group [that is] a
goldmine of tips, tricks, and techniques you can use to make your
stacks better. Each 16-page issue will bring you easy-to-read articles
with step-by-step directions and lots of illustrations."

I haven't received my free copy yet so I don't know if it's really any
good.

The address given is:
  Inside HyperCard
  The Cobb Group