[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Hypercard 2.0 and ATM

aqhx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (04/03/91)

Does HyperCard 2.0 use ATM when it prints?  It did not use ATM when I tried to
print the labers from Cassette Labler?  Does it mean that HyperCard 2.0 is not
compatible with ATM?

Tim
dhlx@cornella.cit.cornell.edu

gaynor@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Jim Gaynor) (04/03/91)

In article <1991Apr3.001523.3828@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> aqhx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>Does HyperCard 2.0 use ATM when it prints?  It did not use ATM when I tried to
>print the labers from Cassette Labler?  Does it mean that HyperCard 2.0 is not
>compatible with ATM?

	Ponder... it's seemed to work for me, although I haven't used
the Cassette Labeler stack.  Things to check:

	-Do you have ATM enabled (dumb question)
	-Do you have that typeface installed for ATM (another dumb one)
	-Is Cassette Labeller using fields for the actual labels, or
	 is it using painted text?  (this may be it).

"How much do I know?  Enough to really foul things up..."

--
 Jim Gaynor - Systems Analyst 1         + "This is Serious.  He is Lost.
 The Ohio State University ACS-FMS-OCES |  We must begin the Search at once."

aqhx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (04/04/91)

Does anyone know that Hyperard 2.0 is compatible with ATM?  In my computer,
HyperCard 2.0 works fine with ATM if I don't select any text in a field.  but
if I do, my Mac crashes.  I disabled all more init except ATM, and it still
crashed.  Any idea, anyone?

- Tim
e-mail: dhlx@cornella.cit.cornell.edu

CAH0@bunny.gte.com (Chuck Hoffman) (04/08/91)

In article <1991Apr3.161908.3840@vax5.cit.cornell.edu>
aqhx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
> Does anyone know that Hyperard 2.0 is compatible with ATM?  In my
computer,
> HyperCard 2.0 works fine with ATM if I don't select any text in a field.
 but
> if I do, my Mac crashes.  I disabled all more init except ATM, and it
still
> crashed.  Any idea, anyone?

I run ATM 1.2 and HyperCard 2.0v2 on a Mac-IIcx with system 6.0.7.  No
problems.

- Chuck Hoffman, GTE Laboratories, Inc.  |  I'm not sure why we're here,
cah0@bunny.gte.com                       |  but I am sure that while we're
Telephone (U.S.A.) 617-466-2131          |  here, we're supposed to help
GTE VoiceNet: 679-2131                   |  each other.
GTE Telemail: C.HOFFMAN                  |

lowersbp@infonode.ingr.com (Ben P Lowers) (04/08/91)

Regarding the thread of inquiries and replies about ATM and
Hypercard:

I ran into a problem with ATM 1.x and Hypercard 1.2.x.  I called Adobe
about it when I found it (fall of 1989), but they said that there were
no plans to fix it.  Here's the problem:

Trying to do white text on a black background, use a field with outline
text and place it on top of a solid black block of card paint.
Without ATM, the white inside of the black outlines in ALL Macintsoh
bitmapped fonts comes out as opaque white, so it shows up on top of
a black background, such as the card paint.  But ATM made this white
stuff transparent, so all you got was solid black.  I think that this,
of course, is only as issue with the fonts that ATM messes with, and
not all Macintosh bitmap fonts.

I have Hypercard 2.0, but I do not have any ATM products, so I haven't
tested this.  I would be nice if somebody could do so, and post a
reply or send me e-mail.  Thanks!

--
Ben Lowers                      | Intergraph Corp.
  lowersbp@ingr.com    or       | Huntsville,AL  35894-0001

 The above are only my personal opinions and observations, not ingr's

leue@galen.crd.ge.com (Bill Leue) (04/09/91)

In article <1991Apr8.142327.17566@infonode.ingr.com> lowersbp@infonode.ingr.com (Ben P Lowers) writes:
>Regarding the thread of inquiries and replies about ATM and
>Hypercard:
>
>I ran into a problem with ATM 1.x and Hypercard 1.2.x.  I called Adobe
>about it when I found it (fall of 1989), but they said that there were
>no plans to fix it.  Here's the problem:

.
.

>I have Hypercard 2.0, but I do not have any ATM products, so I haven't
>tested this.  I would be nice if somebody could do so, and post a
>reply or send me e-mail.  Thanks!

HC 2.0 and ATM 2.0 run just ducky under System 6.0.5 and 6.0.7 on
my IIcx.  The only problem is that I have stripped my system down to
the minimum installed font set and load all my fonts through Suitcase II.
HC complains about missing fonts on startup.  This can be fixed, I think,
with a small patch to the Home Stack scripts, but I haven't done it yet.
Also, some of the text dialog boxes are missing the sizes that aren't
in the system.  However, you can always type in the size you want.

-Bill Leue
leue@crd.ge.com