[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HYPERCARD COMPILER

gonzalm@prism.cs.orst.edu (Mario Gonzales) (04/03/91)

Howdy Net-Trekers

Can anybody help me find an application to compile a Hypercard stack
to an application??

ANy HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

| Mario L. Gonzales    | gonzalm@prism.cs.orst.edu  <HOME>  | Oregon State   |
| Wilson Hall #311     | gonzalm@mist.cs.orst.edu           | Univeristy     |
| Corvallis, OR        | gonzalm@tempest.cs.orst.edu <NeXT> | - Univeristy   |
| 97331-1413           | gonzalm@typhoon.cs.orst.edu <NeXT> | Computing      |
| (503) 737-9835       | gonzalm@jacobs.cs.orst.edu         | Services - UCS |
|----------------------+ gonzalm@nyssa.cs.orst.edu          | Consultant     |
| IBM PC & MAC         | *All have .forward to Top Account* | Kerr Lab       |
+----------------------+------------------------------------+----------------+

pophal@nicmad.UUCP (Gerry Pophal) (04/08/91)

On the ftp site 35.1.1.43 umich... I saw a couple of files that sounded
interesting from their titles.
HC>to>C or similar title and
HC>to>pascal or similar title.
They were listed in the recient file listing.
I downloaded them but they showed up as text files on my mac.
I was unable to convert them to anything usefull. Has anyone else been able
to get these files? What will they do?

--
UUCP:harvard-\         att--\          | Sysop Mad Mac BBS(608)221-3841
   ucbvax!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!pophal | Gerry Pophal(608)271-3333ext2091

Henry.Halff@f421.n109.z1.Fidonet.Org (Henry Halff) (04/10/91)

>A few years back, there was a DA named HyperDa (I think) which could
>read (most) HyperCard stacks, presenting them in a resizable window.
>Unfortunately, it could not properly excute all HyperTalk scripts. I
>believe that the help system in MacWrite II and MacDraw II was made
>by
>a licensed version of the code for this DA (which means that Claris
>ought to know about it...).
>Recentlty (last month, I think) I read in MacWeek that the company in
>question (unfortunately I cannot recall their name (somthing
>Symmetry?)
>woul release a new version for HyperCard 2.x, which would be much
>more
>fully compatible.

HyperDA II is available from Symmetry Software Corporation 8603 E.
Royal Palm Road #110, Scottsdale, AZ 85258. 602-998-9106.

 * Origin: Twilight Clone: Macintosh Files - 301-946-8677 (1:109/421)

George.Bray@syd.dit.CSIRO.AU (George Bray) (04/11/91)

Heizer Software make CompileIt!, the script compiler.  It turns scripts
into XCMDs/XFCNs. The current version (1.5) works with HC 1.2.5.
CompileIt! for HC 2.x will be shipping 'soon'.

Heizer Software
PO Box 232019
Pleasant Hill, CA, 94523.
Ph 415-943-7667
USA

I have no connection with Heizer, other than as an expectant user.

George Bray
CSIRO Division of Information Technology    >         Phone: +61 2 887 9307
PO Box 1599  North Ryde  2113  AUSTRALIA    >           Fax: +61 2 888 7787
Internet:   George.Bray@syd.dit.CSIRO.AU    >    CompuServe:      72711,253
--
Tony Reeves
CSIRO Division of Information Technology