[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] LARGE MOUSE POINTER

Sfpl.Sfpl@f444.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Sfpl Sfpl) (04/11/91)

HI, does anyone know if it's possible to enlarge the mouse pointer (the
arrow that floats around the screen when you move the mouse)?  We are
thinking of having a public access hypercard/macromind based tutorial on
library use and was thinking of people with vision problems and little kids.
Any thoughts on this?

--
Sfpl Sfpl - via FidoNet node 1:125/777
    UUCP: ...!uunet!hoptoad!fidogate!161!444!Sfpl.Sfpl

dcc@ccvr1.ncsu.edu (Daniel Carr) (04/18/91)

In article <13702.2804F8AF@fidogate.FIDONET.ORG> Sfpl.Sfpl@f444.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Sfpl Sfpl) writes:
>HI, does anyone know if it's possible to enlarge the mouse pointer (the
>arrow that floats around the screen when you move the mouse)?  We are
>thinking of having a public access hypercard/macromind based tutorial on
>library use and was thinking of people with vision problems and little kids.
>Any thoughts on this?
>
>--
>Sfpl Sfpl - via FidoNet node 1:125/777
>    UUCP: ...!uunet!hoptoad!fidogate!161!444!Sfpl.Sfpl
>INTERNET: Sfpl.Sfpl@f444.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG

you could try using the fkey to make the mouse pointer larger.  i know
it exists at sumex.stanford.edu (get it via ftp) but i don't remember
the name off hand.  you could use that in conjunction with the dofkey
command/XMCD.

daniel

-----
Daniel Carr - North Carolina State University
internet:  daniel_carr@ncsu.edu
bitnet:    DANIEL@NCSUVM

gasser@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Nathan Gasser) (04/18/91)

In article <1991Apr18.133009.28101@ncsu.edu> dcc@ccvr1.ncsu.edu (Daniel Carr) writes:
>you could try using the fkey to make the mouse pointer larger.  i know
>it exists at sumex.stanford.edu (get it via ftp) but i don't remember
>the name off hand.  you could use that in conjunction with the dofkey
>command/XMCD.

WARNING: I tried that fkey for the heck of it, and it does make a cute,
very large cursor, but it won't make the HyperCard hand cursor large,
it doesn't work in color (you get those 8 little images; ever seen 'em?)
and it crashes under b&w.

I wouldn't recommend using it.

Prodigy's Mac software makes a *huge* and **gaudy** cursor - ask them :)

Nate.

--
Nathan Gasser
gasser@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

amy.bbs@shark.cs.fau.edu (Amy Brown) (04/19/91)

gasser@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Nathan Gasser) writes:

> Prodigy's Mac software makes a *huge* and **gaudy** cursor - ask them :)
>
> Nate.
>
> --
> Nathan Gasser
> gasser@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

LAUGH HARD.  Yes I know.  its TERRIBLE.... the watch has to go also..
Doesn't matter, I quit Prodigy a while ago............    :)

Amy Brown
amy.bbs@shark.cs.fau.edu

"If what's WEIRD to 'normal' people is NORMAL to 'weird' people, then what
is weird and what is normal???"
          -My unanswered life story

"Stay sane inside insanity..."
          -Columbia, RHPS