[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Convert 1.2.5 stack to 2.0?

gary@muvms3.bitnet (gary's news) (04/23/91)

I am trying to use HyperCard 2.0 with an old HyperCard stack from 1.2.5.
I receive the message "Please unlock the stack in the Finder".  The
documentation for 2.0 says to open the old stack, make a copy of it,
then use the FILE MENU item CONVERT STACK to create a 2.0 version.
Well, there is not a CONVERT STACK under FILE MENU.

Is this two different things, locked stack under finder and
convert stack under file menu?

Am I missing something??

Thanks for any help,
Gary

--
Gary Weis
Marshall University

Bitnet   address is GARY@MARSHALL
Internet address is GARY@MARSHALL.WVNET.EDU

Dan.Hughes@p911.f421.n109.z1.FidoNet.Org (Dan Hughes) (04/25/91)

All HC 1.2.5 stacks are locked until converted to 2.0 stacks. So you
must convert first and then the stack will automatically be unlocked, I
think.

 * Origin: The Clone: Macintosh Things - 301-946-8677 (1:109/421.911)

Mike_Dustan@ucs.sfu.ca (Mike Dustan) (04/26/91)

In article <45298@muvms3.bitnet> gary@muvms3.bitnet (gary's news) writes:
> I receive the message "Please unlock the stack in the Finder".  The
> documentation for 2.0 says to open the old stack, make a copy of it,
> then use the FILE MENU item CONVERT STACK to create a 2.0 version.
> Well, there is not a CONVERT STACK under FILE MENU.

I assume you did exactly that (go to the Finder, Get Info on the stack
and uncheck the Locked checkbox.) Then when you start up the unlocked
stack you should see a Convert Stack item under File.

Hope this helps.

Mike