[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Changing Font and Size

jsf@sdbio2.ucsd.edu (Joann Furse) (05/04/91)

Probably a very stupid question, but can anyone help
with the following dilemma:

(1) created an address list using the Address Stack
(2) printed out the list as labels

when through, decided I wanted to change the
font and font size throughout the stack.

Question:
How does one do this WITHOUT going through each
card and highlighting the text.

Any ideas? (Yes, I have looked through the manual).

Thanks,
Joann Furse

Tom.Witte@p911.f421.n109.z1.FidoNet.Org (Tom Witte) (05/05/91)

"when through, decided I wanted to change the
font and font size throughout the stack."
I assume you want to change the font when printing you address lables.
IF that is the case the report function does this nicely even if the
book says little about it. When you make a repor6t you can override the
font setting of the card field just by selecting a new one.
It does NOT change the card but will print it in what ever format you
desire.

 * Origin: The Clone: Macintosh Things - 301-946-8677 (1:109/421.911)

gandalf@apple.com (Martin Gannholm) (05/07/91)

In article <18975@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> jsf@sdbio2.ucsd.edu (Joann Furse) writes:
> (1) created an address list using the Address Stack
> (2) printed out the list as labels
>
> when through, decided I wanted to change the
> font and font size throughout the stack.
>
> Question:
> How does one do this WITHOUT going through each
> card and highlighting the text.

If you want to change the font/style of the text in the fields themselves,
choose the field tool and click on the field. Then choose "Text style"
from the Edit menu. Any changes you make in the following dialog apply to
the defaults for the field (as evidenced by the title at the top of the
dialog).

If you just want the different font to appear when you print the report,
you can override the font/style/size in the Report Item Attributes dialog
in the report editor.

Martin Gannholm
Apple Computer

Exclaimer!!!   I never said it...Nobody heard me say it...You can't prove
anything!