[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HC 2.0 magic trick

atkins@marlin.NOSC.MIL (Hugh T. Atkins) (05/08/91)

aI'm sure this is a FAQ but I misplaced my instructions on uncovering the
hidden buttons on the HC 2.0 home stack to enable scripting etc. If someone
would kindly post or e-mail them again I promise to keep them in a safe
place. Thanks.
Hugh

bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) (05/09/91)

In article <1760@marlin.NOSC.MIL> atkins@marlin.NOSC.MIL (Hugh T. Atkins)
writes:
>aI'm sure this is a FAQ but I misplaced my instructions on uncovering the
>hidden buttons on the HC 2.0 home stack to enable scripting etc. If someone
>would kindly post or e-mail them again I promise to keep them in a safe
>place. Thanks.
>Hugh

Greetings Hugh,

To start from scratch:

Launch HyperCard by doubleclicking on the Home stack.
Go to the Preferences card (I believe it is the last card in the stack).
Bring up the message box from the Go Menu.
Type in "magic" (without the quotes) and press return.

That should do it.  Note that you can also do it manually by going to the
Preferences card in Home and typing "set the userlevel to 5" into the message
box, selecting the button tool, and removing the buttons masking the higher
levels.

Bruce Carter                             Internet:     bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu
Courseware Development Coordinator                     duscarte@idbsu.idbsu.edu
Boise State University                   Bitnet/CREN:  DUSCARTE@IDBSU