[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Open/ resume problem

fink@acf5.NYU.EDU (Howard Fink) (05/08/91)

Well, I got telnet to run with a sessions file.
Open doc with app works fine.  BUT,
Hypercard does not return to the stack whence it came, but
returns to the original home card in the Hypercard folder.

This is not as advertised.

Any suggestions for getting back to the card that
has the button that launches the application?

The stack is in the search path of stacks on the home card.

jkc@Apple.COM (John Kevin Calhoun) (05/09/91)

In article <15500002@acf5.NYU.EDU> fink@acf5.NYU.EDU (Howard Fink) writes:
>Open doc with app works fine.  BUT,
>Hypercard does not return to the stack whence it came, but
>returns to the original home card in the Hypercard folder.
>
>This is not as advertised.
>
>Any suggestions for getting back to the card that
>has the button that launches the application?

Make sure the Home stack is not locked.

(I take it that you are running under single Finder.)

Kevin Calhoun
jkc@apple.com