[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Changing hot spot of I-beam cursor in HC 2.0

tjp@athena.mit.edu (Thomas J Piccone) (05/01/91)

The I-beam cursor for text fields in HC 2.0 is different from the similar
cursor in all other applications I have used.  The hor spot seems to be in the
middle of the vertical bar, rather than at the top.  I do not like this.

Using ResEdit, I checked the CURS resource and a few other resources, but did
not find the I-beam cursor, so I do not know how to change the hot spot.

Any suggestions concerning how one might try to do this?

A reply through mail would be appreciated.  Thanks ahead of time. - tjp

bayes@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM (Scott Bayes) (05/06/91)

I also would like to put the I-beam hotspot back where it belongs. I find
I usually select the line below the one I intended because of this offset.

Scott Bayes

kiran@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Kiran Wagle) (05/11/91)

bayes@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM (Scott Bayes) writes:

>I also would like to put the I-beam hotspot back where it belongs. I find
>I usually select the line below the one I intended because of this offset.

When i wanted to add a crosshair to the cursor for Nisus, i discovered
it's in ROM on an ][si anyway...

so edit a curs resource in the app (add one if thee's not one there.
(hang on while i peek at hc 2.0v2) There's none in my copy, so add a
cursor (i think it has to be id 1) to the 'curs' resource in the app.
Edit this cursor, and it will be used by H/C Remember that the app
resources get used before the system's or ROM's resources.
--
	...kiran
		__________kiran@copper.ucs.indiana.edu________(812) 331-1710

From the corrections column in a July Fresno, CA _Bee_:
"An item in Thursday's [issue] about the Massachusetts budget crisis
made reference to new taxes that will help put Massachusetts 'back in
the African-American.' The item should have said 'back in the black.'"