[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] recombination of multi-part binhex files

hecht@sas.com (Michael Hecht) (05/16/91)

In article <1991May15.135125.23932@javelin.sim.es.com>
tleaming@taurus.sim.es.com (Taylor Leaming) writes:
> In article <1991May14.120059.26663@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu>
> art_jeyes.f2b@f2bgate.jhuapl.edu (Art Jeyes) writes:
> > Would anyone be kind enough to share the secret of combining multiple
> > part binhexed files...
>
> First of all, when using BinHex and Stuffit, make sure that when you
> recombine multi-part messages you get then in the right order and make
> sure that all headers and footers are removed from each message.
>
> This is tedious and error-prone.
[...goes on to describe BinHqx DA...]

I use Harry Chelsey's netnews reader stack to read comp.binaries.mac. I've
added a "Save Binhex" command to the stack that will combine the parts of
each posting in the proper order and save them as a single file with the
headers and footers stripped. It works great. If you want a copy, just
send me mail.

Now if only I could get my hands on DeBinHex and UnStuffIt XCMDs!

--Michael

Michael Hecht                         Internet:   hecht@sas.com
SAS Institute Inc.; Cary, NC USA      AppleLink:  SAS.HECHT