[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] help me print all cards on a StyleWriter

mark@hsi86.hsi.com (Mark Sicignano) (05/22/91)

I have a stack, and I want to print ALL cards, so I go into the appropriate
menu, and click the button to print ALL cards, it shows me that it will
print two per page, everything looks good, so I let it fly.

I got page 1, page 6, page 11, page 16...  Huh?

As it prepares to print, it seems to be showing all of the cards on the
screen, but where are they going to when I print?

Has anybody seen this bug?  Or if it is not a bug, then what am I doing
wrong?  Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I just
subscribed to the group, and didn't see any articles refering to this
problem.

I'm using HyperCard 2.0 on my LC, System 6.0.7, and a StyleWriter.

-mark

--
Mark Sicignano                                  ...!uunet!hsi!mark
3M Health Information Systems                   mark@hsi.com

billing@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Wayne Billing) (05/24/91)

In <3652@hsi86.hsi.com> mark@hsi86.hsi.com (Mark Sicignano) writes:

>I have a stack, and I want to print ALL cards, so I go into the appropriate
>menu, and click the button to print ALL cards, it shows me that it will
>print two per page, everything looks good, so I let it fly.

>I got page 1, page 6, page 11, page 16...  Huh?

>As it prepares to print, it seems to be showing all of the cards on the
>screen, but where are they going to when I print?

>Has anybody seen this bug?  Or if it is not a bug, then what am I doing
>wrong?  Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I just
>subscribed to the group, and didn't see any articles refering to this
>problem.

>I'm using HyperCard 2.0 on my LC, System 6.0.7, and a StyleWriter.

>-mark

>--
>Mark Sicignano                                  ...!uunet!hsi!mark
>3M Health Information Systems                   mark@hsi.com

Are you running HC 2.0 or HC 2.0v2? It's important. I had similar behaviour
printing to an ImageWriter II with HC 2.0 but 2.0v2 fixed it.

Good luck
--
Wayne Billing             | male suicide rate/million: for world - 94,
billing@ccm.UManitoba.CA  | USA - 91, Scotland - 150,  Scottish Highlands - 188+

gandalf@apple.com (Martin Gannholm) (05/24/91)

In article <3652@hsi86.hsi.com> mark@hsi86.hsi.com (Mark Sicignano) writes:
> I have a stack, and I want to print ALL cards, so I go into the
appropriate
> menu, and click the button to print ALL cards, it shows me that it will
> print two per page, everything looks good, so I let it fly.
>
> I got page 1, page 6, page 11, page 16...  Huh?
>
> As it prepares to print, it seems to be showing all of the cards on the
> screen, but where are they going to when I print?
>
> Has anybody seen this bug?  Or if it is not a bug, then what am I doing
> wrong?  Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I just
> subscribed to the group, and didn't see any articles refering to this
> problem.
>
> I'm using HyperCard 2.0 on my LC, System 6.0.7, and a StyleWriter.

I would recommend HyperCard 2.1 with a StyleWriter. 2.0v2 should work
also, although 2.1 was beefed up to handle printing all card sizes to all
printers. With 2.0v2 you'll only get to print full size cards.
  HyperCard 2.0 has a gnarly bug where printing to almost any spooled
device (ImageWriter, StyleWriter, DeskWriter,...) will blow up or give
some really strange results, kind of like the ones you describe.

Martin Gannholm
Apple Computer

Exclaimer!!!   I never said it...Nobody heard me say it...You can't prove
anything!

wsinkees@wsinti01.info.win.tue.nl (Kees Huizing) (05/27/91)

gandalf@apple.com (Martin Gannholm) writes:

>printers. With 2.0v2 you'll only get to print full size cards.
>  HyperCard 2.0 has a gnarly bug where printing to almost any spooled
>device (ImageWriter, StyleWriter, DeskWriter,...) will blow up or give
>some really strange results, kind of like the ones you describe.

I have no problems with HyperCard 2.0, SE, System 7.0b4, StyleWriter.
If you want to print smaller than full size cards, you *first* have to
select the output scaling in the Page Setup dialog to, e.g., 60%. Then
HYperCard will use this scaling in the page layout and the printing. I print
10 cards on a page with, I think, 40% scaling. This gives very readible
results (remember, 360 dpi!) and it saves a lot of paper.
--
Kees Huizing - Eindhoven Univ of Techn - Dept Math & Comp Sc - The Netherlands
e-mail: wsinkees@win.tue.nl      Phone: +31-40-474120       Fax: +31-40-436685