[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HC versions

3025intl@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Lawrence A. Hamel) (06/05/91)

I need to find the minimum system requirements for the following
versions of Hypercard:
        Version:
         1.0.1 (if it existed)
         1.2
         1.2.1 (if it was released)
         1.2.2
         1.2.5

I know apple put out a comptibility chart for HC, but I don't trust
its accuracy (I'm albe to run HC 1.2.5 on sys7 and the chart says
that sys7 will only run HC 2.1!).

Thank you in advance,

Larry A. Hamel

Larry A. Hamel
Intellimation
130 Cremona
Santa Barbara, CA  93117
(800)346-8355 x310

tisu@quads.uchicago.edu (Seth Tisue) (06/05/91)

In article <11846@hub.ucsb.edu> 3025intl@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Lawrence A. Hamel) writes:
>I know apple put out a comptibility chart for HC, but I don't trust
>its accuracy (I'm albe to run HC 1.2.5 on sys7 and the chart says
>that sys7 will only run HC 2.1!).

Just because 1.2.5 seems to run on System 7 doesn't mean it might not crash
if you access some feature you haven't tried to access yet... It also might
work on your model of Mac, but not on others.

That said, I'm still using 2.0v2 under System 7, and it "seems" to work fine...
Hope it doesn't turn around and bite me.

--
---- Seth Tisue                     USMail: c/o Plaster Cramp Press
---- (tisu@midway.uchicago.edu)                       P.O. Box 5975