[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] CONVERTING HYPERCARD 2.0

khawkswo@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Kim D Hawksworth) (06/06/91)

I have a Mac LC with the $49 Hypercard 2.0 upgrade installed. Is there a way
to install 2.1 that's included with System 7 and still use the 2.0 HOME stack?
Can all the 2.0 stacks (including HOME) be converted to 2.1 or do I need the
2.1 upgrade from Claris?

Thanks in adavance.

Kim David Hawksworth  <khawkswo@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>

bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) (06/06/91)

In article <1991Jun6.032331.24972@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
khawkswo@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Kim D Hawksworth) writes:
>I have a Mac LC with the $49 Hypercard 2.0 upgrade installed. Is there a way
>to install 2.1 that's included with System 7 and still use the 2.0 HOME stack?
>Can all the 2.0 stacks (including HOME) be converted to 2.1 or do I need the
>2.1 upgrade from Claris?

I'm currently using a "homenstein" stack that I made by using the home script
from the 2.1 "lite" home stack, but the rest of the pieces from the 2.0v2 home
stack.  It seems to work fine, but I will replace it with the full 2.1 home
stack when Claris sends me the upgrade.

I don't know of any changes to the stacks other than home between 2.0v2 and
2.1.  There is no conversion of stacks from 2.0 to 2.1 like there was from 1.x
to 2.0, just replace the application and home and continue running your stacks.
                                     <->
Bruce Carter, Courseware Development Coordinator      bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu
Boise State University, Boise, ID  83725              duscarte@idbsu.bitnet
(This message contains personal opinions only)        (208)385-1250@phone