[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HC2.1, where are ya?

rsholmes@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Rich Holmes) (06/05/91)

Have any registered users of HC2.0 gotten their free upgrades to 2.1 yet?  Is
it time to complain to Claris yet, or is patience in order?  Hey, I've only
gone through 3 versions of HC in the past 6 months; it's about time for
another one, right? :-)

--
This program posts news to billions of machines throughout the galaxy.  Your
message will cost the net enough to bankrupt your entire planet.  As a result

bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) (06/06/91)

In article <1991Jun5.160546.8119@rodan.acs.syr.edu> rsholmes@rodan.acs.syr.edu
(Rich Holmes) writes:
>Have any registered users of HC2.0 gotten their free upgrades to 2.1 yet?  Is
>it time to complain to Claris yet, or is patience in order?  Hey, I've only
>gone through 3 versions of HC in the past 6 months; it's about time for
>another one, right? :-)

I'd give it a little more time.  The last time I talked to them it was going to
be another couple of weeks or so.

Of course, I can afford to be a little patient, I got the application and home
stack from AppleLink.
                                     <->
Bruce Carter, Courseware Development Coordinator      bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu
Boise State University, Boise, ID  83725              duscarte@idbsu.bitnet
(This message contains personal opinions only)        (208)385-1250@phone

leue@galen.crd.ge.com (Bill Leue) (06/06/91)

In article <1991Jun5.160546.8119@rodan.acs.syr.edu> rsholmes@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Rich Holmes) writes:
>Have any registered users of HC2.0 gotten their free upgrades to 2.1 yet?  Is
>it time to complain to Claris yet, or is patience in order?  Hey, I've only
>gone through 3 versions of HC in the past 6 months; it's about time for
>another one, right? :-)

I talked to Claris Customer Service yesterday (6/5) and they said that
HC 2.1 isn't shipping yet, but should ship "very soon", which I think
meant within days rather than weeks.

-Bill Leue
leue@crd.ge.com

Harry.Myhre@p2.f863.n102.z1.fidonet.org (Harry Myhre) (06/07/91)

Rich Holmes writes in a message to All on 05 Jun 91

RH> Have any registered users of HC2.0 gotten their free upgrades
RH> to 2.1 yet?

I called Claris the other day, and I was told the free upgrades will start shipping
around the middle of June.

--
: Harry Myhre - via FidoNet node 1:102/851 (818)352-2993
: ARPA/INTERNET: Harry.Myhre@p2.f863.n102.z1.fidonet.org