[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Having a Hypercard stack start automatically.

dab6@po.CWRU.Edu (Douglas A. Bell) (06/07/91)

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but here goes .....

I have written a hypercard menu program.

Does anyone know how I can set up the Mac so that when the computer
boots up, it will automatically start up this hypercard stack?

--
Douglas Bell         "... but that's not important, that's just numbers."
dab6@po.cwru.edu               Dr. Wu,  Math Professor

bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun6.212424.13280@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> dab6@po.CWRU.Edu
(Douglas A. Bell) writes:

>Does anyone know how I can set up the Mac so that when the computer
>boots up, it will automatically start up this hypercard stack?

Under System 7, just put the stack, or an alias, in the Startup Items folder.
Under System 6 MultiFinder, just hilight the stack, go to Set StartUp, and set
it to restart with MultiFinder and the selected item.  Under System 6 Finder
you'll have to set it to start up with the HyperCard application and then edit
the home stack to launch your stack, or make your stack the home stack (if I
remember correctly, you can't startup with documents under System 6 Finder).
                                     <->
Bruce Carter, Courseware Development Coordinator      bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu
Boise State University, Boise, ID  83725              duscarte@idbsu.bitnet
(This message contains personal opinions only)        (208)385-1250@phone