[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] CONFLICT OF INTEREST

Jim.Rhodes@p911.f421.n109.z1.FidoNet.Org (Jim Rhodes) (06/08/91)

So, a couple of months ago I sent my super stack off to this shareware
"clearinghouse" catalogue company by certified mail.  A month later I
had no reply so I called and he said "You didn't get our receipt
postcard? Must have gotten lost in the mail!  We're reviewing it now."
A month later I called again and he said, "Sorry but we can't use it
because, unknown to me (my supervisor told me), we are already
DEVELOPING a competitive product."  I think perhaps they just might
possibly have "borrowed" my ideas.  If I had known that they also
DEVELOPED software as well as review other people's submissions for
their catalogue,  I might have been much more careful.  Is this a
conflict of interest or what?  Anybody know a good lawyer?

 * Origin: The Clone: Macintosh Things - 301-946-8677 (1:109/421.911)