[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Hypercard information.

chuong@nprdc.navy.mil (Stephanie Chuong) (06/07/91)

Hi! good afternoon, every body:

	In writing a script for my application, I have met the
problem in writing a script to deal with a stack whick contains
more than one Bg card.
	I have created two BG cards in my sub-menu (the typing test
stack). these two BG card have almost exactly the same fies have
the same field ields and buttons, and
button. However, i did change field name little bit different (for
example, one is "typeperwriter" field, another is "btyperwriter"
field. The reason I make two identical card but different BG
because I want to use one bg card for a testing master card, second
one useuse  for keeping track the test records, so that after the
testing from the master bg card (the first bg card), the result
is added into the second bg card, and the first one is clear for
the next test (or for next user). Also, it is easier to set the
locktext field in the second one (to protect the content of record
change) without hinder the operation of the first one (master
testing card); futhermore, it can reduce the time, it is to look
for the first card (master card) when the stack is openned.
(without this card the program have to search through all the cards
in the stack to get the clear card, and if too many cards, it is
very time consuming process).

  	If you still do not understand what I try to do (above
paragraph) that is ok.  My main question is when I have two
identical card but us but use in different purpose where is tthe appropriate
place
put my script? and since the two bg? I have placed my script in the
bg level, will it cause any problem to the second one?
will it cause any problem if place my script in the first one?

			Any feedback would be helpful
			Thanks          Thanks in advance !

	Sorry for the messy writing, I have a hard time to use
	Vi editor!

		Stephanie,

Henry.Halff@p911.f421.n109.z1.FidoNet.Org (Henry Halff) (06/10/91)

> My main question is when I have two
>identical card but us but use in different purpose where is tthe
>appropriate
>place
>put my script?

Your scripts will probably have several handlers, each doing a
different job. If a handler should only work for one or the other of
your backgrounds, put it in the Background script. If a handler is the
same for both backgrounds, put it in the Stack script.

 * Origin: The Clone: Macintosh Things - 301-946-8677 (1:109/421.911)