[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HyperCard 2.1 memory needs

man@cs.brown.edu (Mark H. Nodine) (06/10/91)

I saw something that said that a machine requires at least
2.5 Meg to run HyperCard 2.1 under System 7.0.  Is this also
true of HyperCard 2.0v2?

	--Mark

sderby@bcm.tmc.edu (Stuart P. Derby) (06/10/91)

In article <78036@brunix.UUCP>, man@cs.brown.edu (Mark H. Nodine) writes:
> I saw something that said that a machine requires at least
> 2.5 Meg to run HyperCard 2.1 under System 7.0.  Is this also
> true of HyperCard 2.0v2?
>
> 	--Mark

I ran HC2.1 w/ 2meg on my LC. The system was vanilla, new from the box, no
INITs, though I had added in about 20 bitmap fonts. I didn't have any
trouble per se, but when I brought up the Style sub-window, it would
"pause for 10-20 seconds, presumably waiting for enough memory to come
available, or recreating something it had had to free, or something...

Now I have 10Meg...

-Stu

jkc@Apple.COM (John Kevin Calhoun) (06/11/91)

In article <78036@brunix.UUCP> man@cs.brown.edu (Mark H. Nodine) writes:
>I saw something that said that a machine requires at least
>2.5 Meg to run HyperCard 2.1 under System 7.0.  Is this also
>true of HyperCard 2.0v2?

All versions of HyperCard 2.x will run in 750K.  They prefer at least 1 Meg.
Claris is recommending, therefore, that users running System 7.0 have at
least 2.5 Meg available to parcel out between the System, HyperCard, and
whatever extensions you decide you can't live without.

Kevin Calhoun
jkc@apple.com