[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Any known bugs/problems/undocumented features in HC 2.0 report printing

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (opcode ranger) (06/08/91)

A client of mine passed on the following problem to me: they have a stack of
about 800 cards and try to print a report on all of them.  It quits printing
after about 188 cards.

Now, I know I should get more detailed info before posting, BUT, a HC guru
friend of mine said he had heard that there were report printing bugs in HC
2.0 (but of course he didn't know WHAT off the top of his head! :->).  My
question then is: are there any known bugs/problems/undocumented features when
writing reports in HC 2.0?

Any info much appreciated!

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "Good tea.        =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  Nice house."     =
=                                * mine                *  -Worf            =

gandalf@apple.com (Martin Gannholm) (06/13/91)

In article <1991Jun7.133520.1@gsbacd.uchicago.edu>
gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (opcode ranger) writes:
> are there any known bugs/problems/undocumented features when
> writing reports in HC 2.0?

There were some bugs in printing in HyperCard 2.0 that were fixed in
2.0v2, and some more problems were fixed in 2.1. As usual, I would
recommend the latest version, not only because of the improved printing
but for all the other improvements as well.

Martin Gannholm
Apple Computer

Exclaimer!!!   I never said it...Nobody heard me say it...You can't prove
anything!