[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] AppleScript

EIVERSO@cms.cc.wayne.edu (06/15/91)

I'll be talking on AppleScript at MacHack '91 next week in Ann Arbor.
What sort of things would you like to know about AppleScript?

Don't contact me directly: I'm not on the developement team, so I don't have
precious insider information to give out--just lots of nifty outsider info &
ideas which I'd be happy to post here after my talk.

I'm also interested in what others want to do with AppleScript &/or what
others think it should look like & work like.

--Eric

George.Bray@syd.dit.CSIRO.AU (George Bray) (06/19/91)

In article <1991Jun14.180500.20215@cs.wayne.edu>, EIVERSO@cms.cc.wayne.edu writes:

> I'm also interested in what others want to do with AppleScript &/or what
> others think it should look like & work like.

I'd like to control the flow of information between documents using publish
and subscribe, simulating pipes of UN*X.

I would like a nice interface for scheduling processes, setting the times,
dates, privilages etc. It should  allow me to automate setting of
filesystem privilages.

It should 'plug' into IAC and the CTB and look like HyperTalk. I want to
initiate AppleTalk AFP and CTB terminal sessions.

It should talk to QuickTime, allowing queries about current performance
and feedback on the real-time state of any current "multimedia" :-)

It should be able to set time slices for specific processes, allowing
more CPU on certain tasks at certain times.

It should allow me to 'run' and kill Extensions.

It should talk to QuickKeys and Voice Navigator should talk to it.

George Bray
CSIRO Division of Information Technology    >         Phone: +61 2 887 9307
PO Box 1599  North Ryde  2113  AUSTRALIA    >           Fax: +61 2 888 7787
Internet:   George.Bray@syd.dit.CSIRO.AU    >    CompuServe:      72711,253