[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] XFCN/XCMD for Application ListSKIP/NEWSGROUP

ian@umiami.ir.miami.edu (06/15/91)

In article <44601@netnews.upenn.edu>, fosler@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (John Eric Fosler) writes:
> Does anyone know of a XFCN/XCMD that will return a list of the active
> applications under MultiFinder/System 7?
>
> Thanks in advance...
> Eric
> J. Eric Fosler			| Phone: 215-222-7977	| Your ad here!
> CETS Macintosh Administrator	| Office: 898-2476	|
> CETS Coordinating Consultant	| CETS Office: 898-4707 | Call 1-800-HEY-ZEUS
> fosler@eniac.seas.upenn.edu	| U. of Pennsylvania	|
You might try the Developers Stack available in /info-mac/card at Sumex...
I don't know if they are 7.0 compatable...
Hope this helps...
--
Scruffy
Ian Sullivan

bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) (06/20/91)

Fosler) writes:
>> Does anyone know of a XFCN/XCMD that will return a list of the active
>> applications under MultiFinder/System 7?
>>
>> Thanks in advance...
>> Eric

You can do it without an XFCN if you want, try:

put menu Application into applications
delete line 1 to 3 of applications (gets rid of the show/hide stuff)

The result should be a return delimited list of the active applications.
                                     <->
Bruce Carter, Courseware Development Coordinator      bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu
Boise State University, Boise, ID  83725              duscarte@idbsu.bitnet
(This message contains personal opinions only)        (208)385-1250@phone

priha@tik.vtt.fi (Ilkka Priha) (06/20/91)

In article <1991Jun19.205509.1420@guinness.idbsu.edu>
bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) writes:
> >In article <44601@netnews.upenn.edu>, fosler@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (John
Eric
> Fosler) writes:
> >> Does anyone know of a XFCN/XCMD that will return a list of the active
> >> applications under MultiFinder/System 7?
>
> You can do it without an XFCN if you want, try:
>
> put menu Application into applications
> delete line 1 to 3 of applications (gets rid of the show/hide stuff)

Actually, in HyperCard 2.1 you have a new function, "the programs", which
returns active applications in separate lines.

Ilkka Priha                      | Internet:  priha@tik.vtt.fi
Tech. Research Centre of Finland | BITNET:    priha@FINVTT
Lab. for Information Processing  | Tel.:      +358 0 456 6045

bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) (06/22/91)

In article <5764@hemuli.tik.vtt.fi> priha@tik.vtt.fi (Ilkka Priha) writes:

>In article <1991Jun19.205509.1420@guinness.idbsu.edu>
>bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) writes:
>> You can do it without an XFCN if you want, try:
>>
>> put menu Application into applications
>> delete line 1 to 3 of applications (gets rid of the show/hide stuff)
>
>Actually, in HyperCard 2.1 you have a new function, "the programs", which
>returns active applications in separate lines.

Actually, "the programs" only gives you a certain subset of the programs
running, that subset being the "linkable" applications.  For instance, if I'm
running the Finder, TheNews, and HyperCard (as I am at the moment) "the
programs" will not contain TheNews.
                                     <->