[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] 1.2.x -> 2.1 ?

jesse@cs.UAlberta.CA (Jesse Lee) (06/22/91)

Hi. I am a beginner of using HyperCard 2.1.
Would someone tell me how to convert a stack of format 1.2.x
to 2.1 ? I got some public domain stacks recently and HC 2.1
won't let me to use it until the stacks are converted. But
I really do not know what to do.
Thanks.

					Jesse Lee

Jesse Lee			  | UUCP:     jesse@alberta.uucp
Department of Computing Science   | Internet: jesse@cs.ualberta.ca
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada T6G 2H1

bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) (06/24/91)

In article <jesse.677576216@steele-lk> jesse@cs.UAlberta.CA (Jesse Lee) writes:
>Hi. I am a beginner of using HyperCard 2.1.
>Would someone tell me how to convert a stack of format 1.2.x
>to 2.1 ? I got some public domain stacks recently and HC 2.1
>won't let me to use it until the stacks are converted. But
>I really do not know what to do.
>Thanks.

There is a Convert Stack option under the file menu in all versions of HC 2.
Just launch HC 2, open the stack, and select the Convert Stack option.  You may
want to save a backup, because HC does the conversion in place, deleting the
old version of the file.
                                     <->
Bruce Carter, Courseware Development Coordinator      bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu
Boise State University, Boise, ID  83725              duscarte@idbsu.bitnet
(This message contains personal opinions only)        (208)385-1250@phone

jesse@cs.UAlberta.CA (Jesse Lee) (06/25/91)

bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) writes:

>In article <jesse.677576216@steele-lk> jesse@cs.UAlberta.CA (Jesse Lee) writes:
>>Hi. I am a beginner of using HyperCard 2.1.
>>Would someone tell me how to convert a stack of format 1.2.x
>>to 2.1 ? I got some public domain stacks recently and HC 2.1
>>won't let me to use it until the stacks are converted. But
>>I really do not know what to do.
>>Thanks.

>There is a Convert Stack option under the file menu in all versions of HC 2.
>Just launch HC 2, open the stack, and select the Convert Stack option.  You may
>want to save a backup, because HC does the conversion in place, deleting the
>old version of the file.
>                                     <->
>Bruce Carter, Courseware Development Coordinator      bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu
>Boise State University, Boise, ID  83725              duscarte@idbsu.bitnet
>(This message contains personal opinions only)        (208)385-1250@phone

Thanks to all the people who help me out. I posted my problem because
the menu is hidden so that I do not know what to do. Thanks to someone
(Sorry I forgot the name) who told me to press Command-Space to see
the menu.

							Jesse Lee

Harry.Myhre@p2.f863.n102.z1.fidonet.org (Harry Myhre) (06/25/91)

Jesse Lee writes in a message to All on 22 Jun 91

JL> Hi. I am a beginner of using HyperCard 2.1. Would someone tell
JL> me how to convert a stack of format 1.2.x to 2.1 ?

Pull down the 'File' menu and choose 'Convert Stack'. To be safe, make a copy
of the stack before you convert it. Converting a stack to 2.x is a one-way ride.

--
: Harry Myhre - via FidoNet node 1:102/851 (818)352-2993
: ARPA/INTERNET: Harry.Myhre@p2.f863.n102.z1.fidonet.org