[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Palette Resources ? ? ?

VICTOR@YaleVM.YCC.Yale.Edu (Victor Grigorieff) (06/25/91)

Hi there!

   I am creating a new stack in Hypercard 2.1, and I like the way the Navigator
works, and I would like to use a floating palette for my commands. I looked at
Danny Goodman's HyperCard 2.0 Handbook, and it said that there were probably
countless utilities to help people like me create these plte resources.

Does anyone know of a utility to create pallete resources, as the format looked
fairly cryptic when I looked at the Navigator with ResEdit.

Thanks a lot.

  -vic

bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) (06/25/91)

In article <91175.160815VICTOR@YaleVM.YCC.Yale.Edu> VICTOR@YaleVM.YCC.Yale.Edu
(Victor Grigorieff) writes:
>Does anyone know of a utility to create pallete resources, as the format
looked
>fairly cryptic when I looked at the Navigator with ResEdit.

There is a pallete maker in the Power Tools stack that comes with the full set
of disks from Claris.  There is also a stack floating around called
"Palletizer" that purports to do the same thing.  Finally, there is a
commercial product whose name escapes me at the moment (its in a package with
an icon editor, a script editor, and some other utilities).
                                     <->
Bruce Carter, Courseware Development Coordinator      bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu
Boise State University, Boise, ID  83725              duscarte@idbsu.bitnet
(This message contains personal opinions only)        (208)385-1250@phone

johnston@minnie.me.udel.edu (06/26/91)

In article <1991Jun25.144730.8399@guinness.idbsu.edu>, bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) writes...
>There is a pallete maker in the Power Tools stack that comes with the full set
>of disks from Claris.  There is also a stack floating around called
>"Palletizer" that purports to do the same thing.  Finally, there is a

One difficulty with the PowerTools Pallette maker is that it's difficult
to make long horizontal pallettes.  Does Palletizer simplify this?
If so, where can I find it?  Please post, but if you have part of the
answer, e-mail and I'll summarize with the rest ... thanks!

-- Bill (johnston@minnie.me.udel.edu)

bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) (06/26/91)

In article <57155@nigel.ee.udel.edu> johnston@minnie.me.udel.edu writes:
>One difficulty with the PowerTools Pallette maker is that it's difficult
>to make long horizontal pallettes.  Does Palletizer simplify this?
>If so, where can I find it?  Please post, but if you have part of the
>answer, e-mail and I'll summarize with the rest ... thanks!

Greetings Bill,

I know for sure that Palletizer can be found in the MACHYPER forum on
CompuServe.  It has probably migrated to the other services by now.  I haven't
noticed it here on the net.

In my estimation, Palletizer is more difficult to use than the PowerTools
palette maker, but I only used it for a little while before chickening out in
favor of the Apple and Claris approved solution, since the author admitted he
reverse engineered it rather than working from specifications... *heh*.  I
don't even know for sure if I still have the stack, but I can probably grab it
off CompuServe again.

I wish I could remember the commercial product.  It is published by the same
people who did Dan Shafer's scripting tools.  I keep thinking HyperPress, but
I'm not sure that's right.  I think they published ScriptEdit too.  At any
rate, if I locate it or those comatose brain cells wake up I'll post it.
Supposedly it is quite sophisticated, allowing edit text fields and even list
manager lists in the pallettes, along with the regular stuff.
                                     <->