[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] key-equivalents

pv0b+@andrew.cmu.edu (Pomona Anupol Valero) (06/26/91)

Help...

I'm working against time here, so forgive me if this is an elementary question.
Is there a way for me to get key-equivalents in Hypertalk?  I mean, other than
"on functionKey," "on shiftKey," "on commandKey?"  I'd like a keyboard equiv
for something like "Ctrl-Shft-W"  Something that can accommodate non-standard
Mac keyboards (no function keys) and IBM keyboards (no command keys).  Or does
someone out there know of the standard key-equivs for function keys?

Thanks,
Pomona Valero
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213

bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) (06/27/91)

In article <QcO=H3600WCSI_m0Vw@andrew.cmu.edu> pv0b+@andrew.cmu.edu (Pomona
Anupol Valero) writes:
>I'm working against time here, so forgive me if this is an elementary
question.
>Is there a way for me to get key-equivalents in Hypertalk?  I mean, other than
>"on functionKey," "on shiftKey," "on commandKey?"  I'd like a keyboard equiv
>for something like "Ctrl-Shft-W"  Something that can accommodate non-standard
>Mac keyboards (no function keys) and IBM keyboards (no command keys).  Or does
>someone out there know of the standard key-equivs for function keys?

You can use "on keydown" to trap anything coming from the keyboard.  I don't
understand your question well enough to suggest anything beyond that at the
moment.
                                     <->
Bruce Carter, Courseware Development Coordinator      bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu
Boise State University, Boise, ID  83725              duscarte@idbsu.bitnet
(This message contains personal opinions only)        (208)385-1250@phone

pv0b+@andrew.cmu.edu (Pomona Anupol Valero) (06/27/91)

Hi again,

Well, what I'm looking for is to get a key combination to execute some commands
but the keys in this combo should be keys that are common to a standard mac
keyboard, IBM-style keyboard and the extended mac keyboard.

I'm afraid I'm still not familiar with XCMDs nor with XFCNs though...

Thanks,
Pomona Valero

PS  Yes, I'm still new to Hypertalk.