[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Reposting of questions...HELP

mike@pyrite.SOM.CWRU.Edu (Michael Kerner) (06/26/91)

Yes, it's me yet again, and here are the reposts:  First, what was the final
verdict on the appleShare XCMD's (connect...) with system 7?  Is it possible
to do some sort of aliasing to get them to work???

The other question is also a repost:  If I open a certain size stack, say 9x9",
why can't I open a stack that's larger, say a customized 11x11"?  I get the
9x9" version of the cards, with the scroll box.  I try to resize the cards with
the scroll box but to no avail.

I was going to repost another one but I don't remember it.

Thanks,
Mike.
Mac Admin
WSOM CSG
CWRU
mike@pyrite.som.cwru.edu

bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) (06/26/91)

In article <1991Jun26.003954.14564@usenet.ins.cwru.edu>
mike@pyrite.SOM.CWRU.Edu (Michael Kerner) writes:
>The other question is also a repost:  If I open a certain size stack, say
9x9",
>why can't I open a stack that's larger, say a customized 11x11"?  I get the
>9x9" version of the cards, with the scroll box.  I try to resize the cards
with
>the scroll box but to no avail.

Have you tried upping the memory allotment?  With some stack sizes I need 3M to
show large cards.
                                     <->
Bruce Carter, Courseware Development Coordinator      bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu
Boise State University, Boise, ID  83725              duscarte@idbsu.bitnet
(This message contains personal opinions only)        (208)385-1250@phone

mike@pyrite.SOM.CWRU.Edu (Michael Kerner) (06/27/91)

Bruce!  What the heck!  If you aren't here, you're in the VIRUS group!  Well,
I'm running System 7 and have VM turned on and it's still flakey.  The problem
before was going from a small stack to a large one.  It seemed to work if I
opened HC directly and home came up first, then went from one to the other,
but if I double-clicked on the small-card stack and then proceded either to
go home then to the large-card stack or go directly to the large-card stack
that things wouldn't work.  I'd get the scroll box but I would be unable to
get the damn thing any larger.  I have the application size for HC set at 3MB.

Any other suggestions?  This bugger is pretty weird.

Mikey.
Mac Admin/Madman
WSOM CSG
CWRU
mike@pyrite.som.cwru.edu

bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu (Bruce Carter) (06/27/91)

Greetings Mike,

In article <1991Jun27.001830.9344@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> mike@pyrite.SOM.CWRU.Edu
(Michael Kerner) writes:

>Bruce!  What the heck!  If you aren't here, you're in the VIRUS group!  Well,
>I'm running System 7 and have VM turned on and it's still flakey.  The problem
>before was going from a small stack to a large one.  It seemed to work if I
>opened HC directly and home came up first, then went from one to the other,
>but if I double-clicked on the small-card stack and then proceded either to
>go home then to the large-card stack or go directly to the large-card stack
>that things wouldn't work.  I'd get the scroll box but I would be unable to
>get the damn thing any larger.  I have the application size for HC set at 3MB.
>
>Any other suggestions?  This bugger is pretty weird.

Yeah, if it has to do with HyperCard, I'm probably subscribed to it... *heh*

I can't get this to happen.  I can even have both a large card size and a small
card size on the screen at the same time.  Of course, if the card size is
bigger than the screen you'll get the scroll box, but you should still be able
to resize the card.

I'm baffled, hopefully one of the Apple or Claris folks can shed some light.
                                     <->