[comp.society.futures] Jeff Daiell -- Loser

bzs@ENCORE.COM (Barry Shein) (11/18/88)

Jeff Daiell has now satisfactorily revealed himself (by throwing
a temper tantrum) to not be worthy of anyone's attention.

I strongly urge you to ignore him or deal with him in private e-mail.

A quote from that pithy thinker, Jeff Daiell, in case any doubts
remain...

>  Destruction, Drill Sergeant?  Freedom = Destruction?  Wow!  I bet
>  you were one of those who were *happy* when Winston Smith fell
>  in line (in "1984").

	-Barry Shein, ||Encore||

P.S. It's not censorship Jeff, it's public humiliation, something
which you got the hard way...you earned it.

jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) (11/18/88)

In article <8811172105.AA15791@multimax.encore.com>, bzs@ENCORE.COM (Barry Shein) writes:

> Jeff Daiell has now satisfactorily revealed himself (by throwing
> a temper tantrum) to not be worthy of anyone's attention.
>
> I strongly urge you to ignore him or deal with him in private e-mail.
>
> A quote from that pithy thinker, Jeff Daiell, in case any doubts
> remain...
>
> >  Destruction, Drill Sergeant?  Freedom = Destruction?  Wow!  I bet
> >  you were one of those who were *happy* when Winston Smith fell
> >  in line (in "1984").
>
> 	-Barry Shein, ||Encore||
>
> P.S. It's not censorship Jeff, it's public humiliation, something
> which you got the hard way...you earned it.

Humiliation?  Not at all, Drill Sergeant!  You equated freedom with
destruction, and I called you on it.  Scarcely a temper tamtrum.
Your paroxysm in comp.society.futures 69 comes much closer to
being a temper tantrum than my quiet little paragraph.

To get back to the subject that started all this, namely bureaucratic
involvement in computer networks, roads, etc., versus a freedom-
respecting method, the Foundation for Economic Education has an
excellent article pointing out that private roads were doing just fine
in facilitating transit until various governments began regulating
them out of profitability.  And, of course, the nice thing about
the market approach is that no one lost their homes or businesses
because of "eminent domain" (i.e., theft).

Jeff Daiell

--
  If a hungry man has water, and a thirsty man has bread,
  Then if they trade, be not dismayed, they both come out ahead.

                                   -- Don Paarlberg

breen@SILVER.BACS.INDIANA.EDU (elise breen) (11/21/88)

Barry & Jeff:

Please stop all of this useless bickering.  My mailbox keeps filling up
with CR*P from your political posturings.  The point of this mailing-list
is future technology (I THOUGHT).  Continue this discussion by private
e-mail or something.

Barry:

If Jeff won't stop will you please stop forwarding his stuff and restrain
yourself from commenting on the aforesaid unforwarded stuff.  There is a
mailing-list for Libertarians called "Libernet".  Please tell Jeff to
continue his discussion there.

Thank you,

Elise M. Breen