[comp.society.futures] Relevance

gvw@etive.ed.ac.uk (MOBY) (11/21/88)

In article <8811181946.AA01289@snark.UUCP> eric@snark.UUCP writes:

> (some more irrelevant Daiell-bashing here...)
>
>Nevertheless, he has hold of a basic moral truth that you, with all your
>sophistication, are still evading. There is no 'public money'; there is
>only stolen or extorted private money,

1) Untrue.  There is *only* public money; all private accumulations of money
large enough to fund something like highways are the result of theft,
made legitimate by the thieves' writing the rules.

>I agree that nation- and world-wide data highways are a good idea. I am
>therefore confident that the free market will build them, and drive the cost
>of use down to a triviality.

2) Like American hospitals?

3) None of this is relevant to this group, so I apologize to those who
   are tired of reading political polemics instead of interesting
   speculations.  I just believe in equal air time...

   All flames to me, please.

Greg