[comp.society.futures] Link with Tibet - Part II

patth@ccnysci.UUCP (Patt Haring) (04/21/89)

Subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT by UNITEX

Fido-From : James Waldron
Fido-To   : Doug Hall

 DH> Am very interested in the 2 way news feed with Tibet via
 DH> Tibet House. Please provide more information!  Am not sure
 DH> what is meant.  Will there be a direct electronic 2-way
 DH> communication with a system in Lhasa?  If so, who is
 DH> operating, on what network, etc.?
 DH> ---
 DH>  * Origin: On Line New Hampshire (Opus 1:132/111)

Reply by: Indira Singh 107/535

Jim, I guess this is for Doug as well -

Office of Tibet is extremely anxious to explore any
technlogies that would enable reliable and secure
transmittal of information out of Lhasa. Of course under
Martial law this is hard to implement; however we are exploring
various technologies to accomplish this.

In the mean time, we are trying to connect their 8 or 9
government in exile locations around the world as a private
network, with direct links from the New York office (at least)
to their various information distributers, and that includes
my board/Unitex.

In the mean time, we are using the old 'carrier pigeon'
technologies such as word of mouth, eyewitness accounts to
Dharmsala then via Telex or other means to New York.

If you would like more information, please let me know.
We'll do all we can to make sure this information gets
out - because that is the key right now.

Regards Indira

 * Origin: UNITEX: Crime Stoppers Against the New Age Hustle (1:107/501)
--
unitex - via FidoNet node 1:107/520
UUCP: ...!rutgers!rubbs!unitex

--