[comp.society.futures] Light pens

savela@tel2.vtt.fi (Markku Savela) (06/03/89)

In article <727@xroads.UUCP>, ronnie@xroads.UUCP (Ronnie Phillips) writes:
  [...about light pen...]
> BUT....
>
> What no one tells you is how tired you get from holding your hand
> in such an uncomfortable position at your monitor.  No resting
> place for your hand and if  you want to do anything detailed it
> gets very tedious.  Of course, I suppose it all depends on your
> intended use - as a pointer it would be great... but as a drawing
> tool its terrible.  It is accurate, but you get too tired with it.
>
> The mouse seems to be the best device for drawing that I've found.
  [...]
> -Ronnie

   Perhaps light pen has a new coming when we have *REALLY* flat
screens and they can be used horizontally on tabletop, like any
piece of paper or book. That combination would blow touch screens,
mice and digitizing tablets out of this world...

[followups directed to comp.society.futures]
--
Markku Savela