[comp.society.futures] MCI Mail

graff@mlpvm2.iinus1.ibm.com ("Michael Graff") (02/01/91)

I think my comments about c.s.f and MCI Mail were taken out of
context.  As far as I know, there's no way to read Usenet news from
MCI Mail.  But MCI Mail *does* have a mail gateway to the Internet.  I
receive several Internet mailing lists at my MCI Mailbox.  If c.s.f is
avaiable via a mailing list (as opposed to Usenet news), then an MCI
Mail subscriber could read it and contribute to it.  I don't know of
such a mailing list since I follow it via Usenet.

If there is a way to read Usenet news from an Internet mail gateway,
please educate me.  I already know how to contribute to news via mail,
using the ucbvax.berkeley.edu server.

...Michael

bzs@world.std.com (Barry Shein) (02/01/91)

>I think my comments about c.s.f and MCI Mail were taken out of
>context.  As far as I know, there's no way to read Usenet news from
>MCI Mail.  But MCI Mail *does* have a mail gateway to the Internet.  I
>receive several Internet mailing lists at my MCI Mailbox.  If c.s.f is
>avaiable via a mailing list (as opposed to Usenet news), then an MCI
>Mail subscriber could read it and contribute to it.  I don't know of
>such a mailing list since I follow it via Usenet.

Comp.society.futures is a USENET gateway for the INFO-FUTURES mailing
list. There are about 250 direct mail subscribers to the list, the
USENET gateway was created more recently (1987).

Messages may be posted to:		info-futures@world.std.com
Address changes should be sent to:	info-futures-request@world.std.com

Those who access this list via USENET may use the normal netnews tools
to read and post messages, the gateway is bidirectional.
--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs@world.std.com          | uunet!world!bzs