[rec.boats] Hydrodynamics/hull design software for PC?

garvin@ccvr1.ncsu.edu (Michael A. Garvin) (09/07/89)

     I'm looking for any software for the IBM PC and compatibles that will
allow me to draw in a hull design and test and analyze it (drag testing,
etc.).  Does anyone know if anything exists (PD or commercial) that will do
this or something like it?  Thanks in advance.

Michael Garvin
garvin@ccvr1.ncsu.edu

jay@intermec.UUCP (Jay Schlegel) (09/09/89)

In article <3886@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> garvin@ccvr1.ncsu.edu (Michael A. Garvin) writes:

>     I'm looking for any software for the IBM PC and compatibles that will
>allow me to draw in a hull design and test and analyze it (drag testing,
>etc.).  Does anyone know if anything exists (PD or commercial) that will do
>this or something like it?  Thanks in advance.
>
>Michael Garvin
>garvin@ccvr1.ncsu.edu

Yacht-Design Software Sources:

AutoYACHT and AutoEXPAND:

		Coast Yacht Design Inc., Th Anchorage, 8496-155A St,
		Surrey, BC Canada V3S 6W3

Fairline:
		Aerohydro Inc., P.O. Box 684, Southwest Harbor, ME 04679

Fast Yacht:
		Design Systems and Services Inc., 222 Severn Ave.
		Annapolis MD 21403

Macsurf:
		Graphic Magic, PO box 185 Cottesloe 6011, Perth, Western
		Australia (serviced in America by ARCTEC 9104 Red Branch
		Rd., Columbia MD 21045)

Nautilus System:

		New Wave Systems Inc., 79 Narragansett Ave, Jamestown RI 02835

NavCad:
		HydroComp Inc.  PO Box 865, Durham NH 03824

PC Yacht:
		Vacanti Yacht Design, 17226 163rd Pl. SE, Renton Wa. 98055

Surfair and Medlink:

		ShipCad Systems, Inc.  3 Ann St., Newport, RI 02840

Yachtsoft:
		PO box 186, Newlands 7725, Cape Town, South Africa.

Hope this helps,
-*jay  Jay Schlegel --> Intermec Corp.
						fluke!
	jay@intermec or			     pilchuck!intermec!jay

-- If you can dream it, you can do it! -- W. Disney
-- What he said! ^^^ -- Jamaican Bobsled Team