[rec.boats] FIRST CALL FOR VOTES: rec.windsurfing

pmc9439@sumax.UUCP (Patrick Chaney) (02/26/90)

This is the first Formal Call for Votes for the creation of a world-wide
UNmoderated newsgroup Rec.Windsurfing on USENET.

This group is intended to provide a medium for those interested in
windsurfing to discuss and exchange ideas and views on the sport.  This
group will offload that discussion from rec.boats where it now takes place.

To vote, send E-Mail to:

   ..!sumax!pmc9439 or
   ..!uw-beaver!sumax!pmc9439 or
   pmc9439@sumax
or simply reply to this message.

The voting period will last from Saturday February 24 until midnight
March 16th, 1990.

To comply with USENET newsgroup creation standard guidelines:

Votes MUST be explicit!  They should be of the form "I vote YES for
the creation of the group rec.windsurfing as proposed" or "I vote NO for
the creation of the group rec.windsurfing as proposed".  Although this
wording does not have to be used exactly as stated, the vote should be
totally unambiguous.

Only votes received during the voting period will be accepted.

Only votes E-MAILED to the vote-taker will count.
Posted votes and proxy votes will NOT be counted.

At the end of the voting period, if 100 more YES votes are received than
NO votes, and at least 2/3 of the total number of valid votes received are
YES for creation, then the new group rec.windsurfing will be created.  If
either of these conditions are not met, the newsgroup will not be created.

Patrick Chaney
(Vote-taker)

narayan@mytardis.UUCP (Narayan Mohanram) (02/28/90)

Count me in for rec.windsurfing.

Narayan

PS. The address of the vote collector is not very clear, and
the machine specified is unknown. Please put in a more
explicit path.

Narayan
Phone:	 408-738-4165
US Mail: 909 W. Olive, Sunnyvale, CA 94086
E-Mail:	narayan@tandem.com

xanthian@saturn.ADS.COM (Metafont Consultant Account) (02/28/90)

In article <111@mytardis.UUCP> narayan@mytardis.UUCP (Narayan Mohanram) writes:

>PS. The address of the vote collector is not very clear, and the
>machine specified is unknown. Please put in a more explicit path.

I doubt all of this is necessary, but I reached him (and got a reply)
with:

	cs.utexas.edu!rice!uw-beaver!sumax!pmc9439

as an address, by reversing the path from the first available domain
style name in the article as received here.
--
xanthian@ads.com xanthian@well.sf.ca.us (Kent Paul Dolan)
Again, my opinions, not the account furnishers'.

eugene@eos.UUCP (Eugene Miya) (02/28/90)

>	cs.utexas.edu!rice!uw-beaver!sumax!pmc9439

Most of these machines are Internet gateways
	rice is also rice.edu
	uw-beaver is beaver.cs.washington.edu
I don't know sumax, but I can check the maps so you can shorten this
path to (for instance)
	sumax!pmc9439@beaver.cs.washington.edu
on many systems and you should still get thru.

jmunro@wyse.wyse.com (Jim Munro) (03/01/90)

In article <111@mytardis.UUCP> narayan@mytardis.UUCP (Narayan Mohanram) writes:
>Count me in for rec.windsurfing.
>
>Narayan
>
>PS. The address of the vote collector is not very clear, and
>the machine specified is unknown. Please put in a more
>explicit path.

Yep..... you can count me in too. The windsurfing mail list operated
out of Gallium is OK, but I get lots of bounced mail.

BTW, don't use my return address (we have a bug of sorts) use
jmunro@wyse.com

Oh yes, I never did see the original request for votes.

Jim Munro

"Shred till you're dead.....or some such suitable saying"

yang2@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (Ying Yang) (03/01/90)

 	      I think having a rec.windsurfing newsgroup is a
great idea.  We won't have to go through many other things to
get to something interesting.

larry@pdn.paradyne.com (Larry Swift) (03/02/90)

In article <1996@husc6.harvard.edu> yang2@husc4.UUCP (Ying Yang) writes:
> 	      I think having a rec.windsurfing newsgroup is a
>great idea.  We won't have to go through many other things to
>get to something interesting.

Then e-mail your vote as originally requested, since expressions
of choice in this newsgroup will not be counted.

Larry Swift                     larry@pdn.paradyne.com
AT&T Paradyne, LG-132           Phone: (813) 530-8605
8545 - 126th Avenue, North
Largo, FL, 34649-2826           She's old and she's creaky, but she holds!