[alt.cyberpunk] Will the real tron bleat stand up? was: TRON is cyberpunk?

chongo@amdahl.UUCP (09/25/87)

In article <14945@amdahl.amdahl.com> chuck@amdahl.amdahl.com (Charles Simmons) writes:
 >In article <408@cpsc6b.cpsc6a.att.com> crs@cpsc6b.cpsc6a.att.com (C. R. Seaman) writes:
 >
 >TRON is obviously cyberyuppie.  To be real cyberpunk, not only do the
 >characters have to have daily interactions with biotechnology, computers,
 >and lots of other fun high-tech stuff, but they also have to roll around
 >in the grit and dirt of a low-life urban setting.  Real cyberpunks grow
 >up in such fun places as the sleazier parts of
 >Manhatten or Chicago, or anywhere in South Dallas.

Why don't you ask tron himself?  His net address is: amdahl!namei!tron

chongo <sorry about that tron, I couldn't resist!> /\oo/\
--
[views above shouldn't be viewed as Amdahl views, or as views from Amdahl, or
 as Amdahl views views, or as views by Mr. Amdahl, or as views from his house]

tron@amdahl.UUCP (09/25/87)

In article <14992@amdahl.amdahl.com> chongo@amdahl.amdahl.com (Landon Curt Noll) writes:
 >Why don't you ask tron himself?  His net address is: amdahl!namei!tron
 >
 >chongo <sorry about that tron, I couldn't resist!> /\oo/\

Well, now that you ask, I guess I don't count as cyberpunk.  I use
computers intensively on a daily (hourly?) basis, but I grew up in
the amazing metropolis of Kingston, WA (pop several hundred, at least).
I am probably about as street wise as a blank mag tape.

	tron  |-<=>-|		ARPAnet:  amdahl!tron@sun.com
     tron@uts.amdahl.com	UUCPnet:  {sun,hoptoad,decwrl}!amdahl!tron

		At home, my address is amdahl!namei!tron