[alt.cyberpunk] Gibson "High Times" interview/short story

bals@nutmeg.dec.com.UUCP (10/27/87)

Eric Kessner (kessner@spot.colorado.edu) writes:

>Well, I didn't get a chance to read it, but this months "High Times" has
>an article on cyberpunk plus an interview with Gibson.  Has anyone out there
>read it yet?

Yep. It's a very short interview, and not all that interesting. If you haven't
seen them, you'd be better off looking for two in-depth interviews with
Gibson published in the fanzine SCIENCE FICTION EYE #1.

Although I can't prove it, I suspect the author of the article on cyberpunk
by the obviously pseudonymous "Lou Stathis  ("Status"???) is Gibson himself.

The high point (no pun intended :-)) of the issue is the excerpt from Gibson's
new novel (scheduled from Bantam in 1988), "Mona Lisa Overdrive."

Fred Bals
___________________________________

Alternate mail addresses

from UUCP: decwrl!nutmeg.dec.com!bals

from the ARPAnet and related networks:

bals@nutmeg.dec.com	or
bals%nutmeg.dec@decwrl.dec.com

g-humphr@gumby.UUCP (10/28/87)

Lou Stathis is a real person.  He used work with Matt Howarth on _Those
Annoying Post Brothers_ ( a must read comic for politicaly correct cyberfen )
up to issue six.
But then, if Stathis was Gibson undercover...

Bill Humphries
Department of Economics
UW Madison
			"That which does not kill us,