[alt.cyberpunk] Musical choice

DrOdd@cup.portal.com (02/08/88)

DeadHead has an important point. Cyberpunk is about the expansion of individual
resources, individual power via technology. It is the very antithesis of
groupthink. This new tech gives us all choices, including the choices to listen
to any music we care to on our walkman. And no one should object. If you think
about it there is more choice in music, more access now than at any time in
history. Don't knock it. You have the power to pick and choose and to ignore
MTV in favor of whatever takes your digital fancy.

Dr. Odd
DrOdd@cup.portal.com

ugcherk@sunybcs.uucp (Kevin Cherkauer) (02/15/88)

SPEED METAL! YEAH! THAT'S WHAT WE WANT! THRASH! THRASH AND SPEED METAL!!
YEAH! <BASH BASH BASH FRENZY FRENZY FRENZY *LOUD* MAN F*CKING *LOUD*>

What is cyberpunk about, anyway, if you don't do it to Slayer? (or Queensryche,
even though they ain't thrash)

In article <3031@cup.portal.com> DrOdd@cup.portal.com writes:
>And no one should object. If you think
>about it there is more choice in music, more access now than at any time in
>history. Don't knock it. You have the power to pick and choose and to ignore
>MTV in favor of whatever takes your digital fancy.

Ack, try as I might I have yet to find a radio station that plays actual
heavy metal, speed or otherwise. When the age of choice truly appears, let
me know!

--   ....sunybcs!ugcherk    --  Kevin Cherkauer  --    (This space for rent)  --                                                                                Romeo, Romeo! / Wherefore-art-thou-Romeo!
Avast! Fair Juliet swooneth! / As the winter clouds doth trundle o'er the even  sky, / and a cock croweth but not, / betwixt and betweath, so ith the fool /    e'er the sanctuary of my demise.

tom@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Thomas C Hajdu) (02/16/88)

In article <8559@sunybcs.UUCP> ugcherk@joey.UUCP (Kevin Cherkauer) writes:
>SPEED METAL! YEAH! THAT'S WHAT WE WANT! THRASH! THRASH AND SPEED METAL!!
>YEAH! <BASH BASH BASH FRENZY FRENZY FRENZY *LOUD* MAN F*CKING *LOUD*>

YES SPEED METAL. (TODAY)