[alt.cyberpunk] Junk Food pour le CyberPunk

hobie@sq.uucp (Hobie Orris) (02/01/88)

	So now that we've got the music pretty much figured out, what will our
future cyberspace cowboy be munching on as he cruises the net, listening to the
dulcet tones of Alien Sex Fiend?
	My vote is for Samurai Puffs, a pseudo-Japanese rice snack, which is
bland but has a great name (perfect for the label-conscious future trendy).

:-)

 Hobie Orris			 	|
 guest of SoftQuad Inc., Toronto, Ont.	|"There'll be no more giant leeches
 {ihnp4 | decvax | ? }!utzoo!sq!hobie	| When you find the good Lord Jesus"

mojo@reed.UUCP (it's alright ma, I'm only bleeding) (02/04/88)

Raw Pop-Tarts, of course!  Nobody claims to be able to stand the things, but
they're traditional.
--
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\A tautology is a thing   \ Nathan Tenny            /  The opinions expressed/

daemon@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU (Mr Background) (02/05/88)

From: dryfoo@athena.mit.edu (Gary L. Dryfoos)

}
} My vote is for Samurai Puffs, a pseudo-Japanese rice snack, which is
} bland but has a great name (perfect for the label-conscious future
} trendy).

For the practical hacker who's planning a long (36+ hours) run:

Unsalted corn-nuts or whole dark-roasted coffee beans.  Just load 'em
into feeder tubes with a pnuemo-pak attachment, and every time you hit
the selectable tongue-switch, it pops a couple of the suckers into your
mouth.

Corn nuts are the complete nutrition, and the coffee beans are for the
caffeine jolt with a touch of class.

No messy oils on the deck, and it leaves both hands free if something
suddenly sprouts black ice.

Of course, if it's flavor you want, there'll probably be something that's
made out of tofu, but tastes like blooon.
Gary L. Dryfoos    ARPA/Internet: dryfoo@athena.mit.edu
		     UUCP/Usenet: ...ihnp4!mit-eddie!athena.mit.edu!dryfoo
		           Phone: (617) 253-0184 / (617) 825-6115
			    USPS: E40-318, M.I.T., Cambridge, MA  02139
"So, you cannot resist, can you?  No, no one can!  When LeMott sings,
they dance!  Ha-ha-ha!  They all dance!"

dnelson@ddsw1.UUCP (Douglas Nelson) (02/07/88)

Raw pop tarts?  Are there such things as cooked pop tarts?  Boy am I living in
the past... I thought that raw was the only way they came... I guess some of
us didn't have mummy dropping our poptarts in the toaster every morning...

Actually some of us went to boarding schools where we couldn't properly
identify most of our breakfast!  :-)

------------------
Douglas Nelson
dnelson@ddsw1.UUCP
------------------

TRADER@cup.portal.com (02/09/88)

Cyberjunk for the cyberpunk??

How about blue Slushies and chili dogs??

                                      Mr. Slippery

                                      TRADER@cup.portal.com
                                      TRADER%cup.portal.com@sun.com

matt@shorty.CS.WISC.EDU (Mad Matt Schaefer) (02/10/88)

In article <3053@cup.portal.com> TRADER@cup.portal.com writes:
>Cyberjunk for the cyberpunk??
>
>How about blue Slushies and chili dogs??
>
>                                      Mr. Slippery

Cold pizza, Coke w/green olives, anything flourescent, anything with
marshmallows, anything in a re-sealable package.

Mad Matt Schaefer                  ...!{harvard,ihnp4,rutgers,ucbvax}!uwvax!matt
UW-Madison Computer Sciences Laboratory                         matt@cs.wisc.edu

sdp@zeus.hf.intel.com (Scott Peterson) (02/12/88)

Just what is Krill, anyway?  The imitation SPAM of the future?

edg@pbhyg.UUCP (Elizabeth D. Gottlieb) (02/18/88)

In article <207@zeus.hf.intel.com> sdp@.UUCP (Scott Peterson) writes:
>Just what is Krill, anyway?  The imitation SPAM of the future?

Krill - pl. n., "small marine crustaceans of the order Euphausiacea that are the
principal food of whalebone whales [Norw., young of fish]" - American Heritage
Dictionary.

Not too far distant as a general food source, if you can take Green Magma and
kelpfood seriously ...

Libby Gottlieb