[alt.cyberpunk] Cyberfashions

masticol@clash.rutgers.edu (Steve Masticola) (02/10/88)

> By the way, does anybody want to make different designes of cyberpunk
> t-shirts?  Maybe we should tie-dye them, too!

      Tie-dye? How archaic! 60's revivals went out in the 80's!

			Holography, of course!

       In _good_ color and with computer animation in realtime!

       (How about ultrasound-imaging your own internal workings
		and displaying them on your T-shirt?)
--
	     Steve Masticola (masticol@paul.rutgers.edu)
		      Hill 137 - (201) 932-3766

edg@pbhyg.UUCP (Elizabeth D. Gottlieb) (02/12/88)

Cyberfashion?  Tie Dye not fashionable?  Holography is the new ticket?  How
about a combination -- simulate the polychrome of _Count_Zero_ ...

Libby Gottlieb

DeadHead@cup.portal.com (02/13/88)

Re: Tiedye is out -

    Well, who cares about what is in and what is out? I like to have the
colours of the rainbow smeared onto my t-shirt. It is a statement
and a celebration of freedom.

    Holography is cool, too. But it is gonna be tough to do on a tshirt.
I wonder if anyone has a way to make your t-shirt glow in the dark. Like
using flourescent materials....

    And I guess we all agree that the last thing cyberfasion should be is
that monotonous blue or gray stuff that people are sentenced to wear to
work in th 80's...  :-)

     DeadHead

     uucp: DeadHead@cup.portal.com || ..sun!aeras!grinch!iko-iko!bruce

     China cat sun flower is my name
     Terra is my nation
     Deep space my dwelling place
     Terrapin my destination

TRADER@cup.portal.com (02/14/88)

Cyberpunk fashions - how about dressing all in black - works especially
well if you are tall - For some reason, large figures all in black seem
to connote death or destruction. Genetic folk memory??

DeadHead@cup.portal.com (02/16/88)

Re: Dress in solemn black -

How about all black with just a touch of white? It looks solemn too but
with a hint of elegance.

DeadHead

brooksj@umd5.umd.edu (Joanne Brooks) (02/16/88)

In article <3149@cup.portal.com>, DeadHead@cup.portal.com writes:

>     Holography is cool, too. But it is gonna be tough to do on a tshirt.
> I wonder if anyone has a way to make your t-shirt glow in the dark. Like
> using flourescent materials....

  There are ways of making t-shirts, sweatshirts glow in the dark.  I do not
know what the exact process is, but what you end up with is a yellowish-green
design by day, and a glowing design by night (or dark area).

  I have a sleeveless sweatshirt, black with the words 'RELAX' (aka Frankie
Goes to Hollywood).  Imagine my delight when wearing it for the first time
one summer day, several friends and I walked into a movie theatre...

  The glow lasted almost the entire movie....much to *their* embarrasment!  ;-)

>      DeadHead

                                            jojo

--
Joanne Brooks                                   BITNET: BROOKSJ@UMDD.BITNET
U of Maryland Computer Science Ctr            Internet: brooksj@umd5.umd.edu

mojo@reed.UUCP (trained not to spit in the fan) (02/18/88)

All black.  Mirrorshades.  Ominous.

About the list: don't forget comics.  Watchmen.  Judge Dredd.
--
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\A tautology is a thing   \ Nathan Tenny            /  The opinions expressed/

laszlo@sigi.Colorado.EDU (Laszlo Nemeth) (02/20/88)

In article <3245@cup.portal.com> DeadHead@cup.portal.com writes:
>Re: Dress in solemn black -
>
>How about all black with just a touch of white? It looks solemn too but
>with a hint of elegance.

how about a black tux, with black shit, with black bow tie, with a
white slick scarf, and wite scummy tennis shoes?
oh i forgot long black hair.

it's lots o fun to walk into 7-11/liquor store/slider food place
when on your way out to a night club :-)

Laszlo Nemeth
laszlo@boulder.colorado.edu
I wish i had some SOAM's and was SOAing

ugcherk@sunybcs.uucp (Kevin Cherkauer) (02/23/88)

In article <3202@cup.portal.com> TRADER@cup.portal.com writes:
>Cyberpunk fashions - how about dressing all in black - works especially
>well if you are tall - For some reason, large figures all in black seem
>to connote death or destruction. Genetic folk memory??

Of course you do realize that all-in-black is just about the only
way anybody *ever* dressed in _Neuromancer_ if they were male.
Females were allowed black, white, and pale pink.

--   ....sunybcs!ugcherk    --  Kevin Cherkauer  --    (This space for rent)  --                                                                                Romeo, Romeo! / Wherefore-art-thou-Romeo!
Avast! Fair Juliet swooneth! / As the winter clouds doth trundle o'er the even  sky, / and a cock croweth but not, / betwixt and betweath, so ith the fool /    e'er the sanctuary of my demise.

tsl@netsys.UUCP (Tom Livingston) (02/24/88)

In article <8748@sunybcs.UUCP> ugcherk@joey.UUCP (Kevin Cherkauer) writes:
>In article <3202@cup.portal.com> TRADER@cup.portal.com writes:
>>Cyberpunk fashions - how about dressing all in black - works especially
>>well if you are tall - For some reason, large figures all in black seem
>>to connote death or destruction. Genetic folk memory??
>
>Of course you do realize that all-in-black is just about the only
>way anybody *ever* dressed in _Neuromancer_ if they were male.
>Females were allowed black, white, and pale pink.

	It's a popular color/dress in many SF books, and I would think
it would be especially popular in Cyberpunk.. which it is...  I'm not
sure about the comment that _everyone_ male in _Neuromancer_ wore black.
I would say some were, and those were probably stressed, but I imagine
some of the jumpsuits were other colors.. maybe it just wasn't noted...

	But for me, I think the most 'cyber-ist' fashion was the
mirrorted contact lenses that someone here posted about.  Now _that_
would be cyberpunk.

                                                _____________
                                                  /
                                               --/ __ _______
                                              (_/ (_) / / / <_ Livingston
                                              { decuac,ihnp4 }!netsys!tsl

psc@lznv.ATT.COM (Paul S. R. Chisholm) (02/24/88)

<In Syracuse, you dress in a tie; in Ephesus, you juggle . . . or die!>

In article <4413@sigi.Colorado.EDU>, laszlo@sigi.Colorado.EDU (Laszlo Nemeth) writes:
> how about a black tux, with black shit . . .
                                    ^^^^
(I know cyberpunk is kind of gritty, but isn't this extreme?-)

> Laszlo Nemeth, laszlo@boulder.colorado.edu

-Paul S. R. Chisholm, {ihnp4,cbosgd,allegra,rutgers}!mtune!lznv!psc
AT&T Mail !psrchisholm, Internet psc@lznv.att.com
I'm not speaking for my employer, I'm just speaking my mind.